When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daily Beater

Sherrington

There are some great stories that you will see like that if you have hung around the Rolex forums for a while.

The only one I like better than this one is the one where the fellow lost his 1680 sub somewhere in the yard while building a fence around his yard. He couldn't find it and eventually purchased a newer model Sub. Then, TEN YEARS LATER.....he had torn down and extended to fence so that he could plant a garden. And while tilling the soil, saw a flash of silver in the churning soil. he stopped.....dug through the pile a bit.........and TAADAA!!!!! he found his original 1680.

He said that he gave it a couple of shakes and it started running. It wouldn't keep good time but it would run.

It seems Rolex and omega have the best stories like that.

This watch doesn't looked used......................it looks "well loved"

Edited by speedy1

Oh yeah...I remember that. Someone posted this to the old RWG long time ago.

I like "well used" vintage sports watches but this is just too much. I knew Nanuq would like it though... the guy's a well known watch pervert. :bleh:

...the story is very cool...the condition of the watch is not my thing...I love the sub. It's one true classic. It's ok to wear it every day and for the watch to show signs of wear... but this is way too much.

...I love watches... if you love something...you don't treat it like [censored]... at least not in my book...

There are watch guys and then there are guys who happen to wear a watch. I like to think of myself as a watch guy who has many watches and wouldn't think of getting a scratch on one of them. This guy wears a watch specifically for the purpose of knowing what time it is and being comfortable at the same time. That is pure insanity. If I want to know what time it s, I have my Laptop and my cellphone.