When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New pam 005 not working

mad_man_may

Hi,

I purchased a Pam 005 as my very first rep, it arrived today and I cannot get the seconds hand to move. I've opened the crown guard lever, winded the watch clockwise until it would no longer wind, set the time, and closed the lever. The seconds hand is stuck at the 12 o'clock position and does not move. I've never worked on a watch before, however, I managed to open the case back and things look normal to me (normal to me meaning, no lose parts). I've attached a few photos taken with my iPhone. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

post-31973-0-86417300-1298580530.jpg

post-31973-0-49942100-1298580566.jpg

post-31973-0-46313300-1298580603.jpg

What do you mean by i can't get the seconds hand to move ??.

Does the hours and minute hand move and the second hand doesn't.

Or doesn't any hand move ??.

I had a problem with my first rep also a PAM which stopped all of a sudden.

The problem was that the second hand was touching the dial and that was the reason why the movement stopped.

I took it to a rep friendly watch smith who fixed it for a few bucks

Good luck.

Cats

I couldnt swear to it but it loks like your spring is mishaped under the incabloc thats happened to me a few times due to getting knocked in transit

Its a simple fix if you have a bit of knowledge assumming thats the problem

But more experienced guys can help I am sure try posting in the watch repair section....

What do you mean by i can't get the seconds hand to move ??.

Does the hours and minute hand move and the second hand doesn't.

Or doesn't any hand move ??.

I had a problem with my first rep also a PAM which stopped all of a sudden.

The problem was that the second hand was touching the dial and that was the reason why the movement stopped.

I took it to a rep friendly watch smith who fixed it for a few bucks

Good luck.

Cats

Sorry, I should have been more detailed.... Neither the hour, minute nor the second hand move.

I was finally able to get the watch working after banging it face down against my leg firmly. All hands appear to be moving properly, however, the watch stops shortly after I get it going and all hands lock up.

After I get the watch moving, if I open the CG clasp and set the time the watch stops, and doesn't start moving until I give it a few firm bangs.

Looking at the second hand, it seems to be angled slightly upwards on the longer side of the hand, is this normal?

Sorry, I should have been more detailed.... Neither the hour, minute nor the second hand move.

I was finally able to get the watch working after banging it face down against my leg firmly. All hands appear to be moving properly, however, the watch stops shortly after I get it going and all hands lock up.

After I get the watch moving, if I open the CG clasp and set the time the watch stops, and doesn't start moving until I give it a few firm bangs.

Looking at the second hand, it seems to be angled slightly upwards on the longer side of the hand, is this normal?

Yes mate Its the same thing, I had

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

After a long trip back to China, I finally received a working 005. The problem now is accuracy.... after winding the watch, setting the time and leaving it overnight, I woke up to find the damn thing 20 minutes fast in a period of 6-7 hours. Aside from opening a watch, I've never worked on one. Is this an easy fix that can be done myself?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

hahah dude horrible day for me!! The 088 finally worked, i wound it 40 times from the crown and gave it a big palm slap.. swirled it a bit and tossed it on my wrist, been keeping good time for about an hour now (while its on my wrist) so thats good!

I kept my Pam 005 on my desk just chilling for 24 hours without a wind, i went to put it on b4 and wind it up... It wound all the way but the hands never moved, the seconds hand wont move at all.. Palm slap over 5-6 times with no luck :(

Today is not my day!

hahah dude horrible day for me!! The 088 finally worked, i wound it 40 times from the crown and gave it a big palm slap.. swirled it a bit and tossed it on my wrist, been keeping good time for about an hour now (while its on my wrist) so thats good!

I kept my Pam 005 on my desk just chilling for 24 hours without a wind, i went to put it on b4 and wind it up... It wound all the way but the hands never moved, the seconds hand wont move at all.. Palm slap over 5-6 times with no luck :(

Today is not my day!

That sucks man. Things like that you're gonna have to sell all the junkies and put all the proceeds together to buy yourself a real (=gen) watch.

Haha, Seriously!! This is only my second one, I caught the bug but i'm a little deterred now due to these mishaps.. The 088 is working amazing now! So that's cool, they are so well made just some movement issues.. gen is like 5-10K so honestly, i'm still up here.. only $600 in the hole due to reps :) Im sure i can get this 005 working if i take the caseback off!

Haha, Seriously!! This is only my second one, I caught the bug but i'm a little deterred now due to these mishaps.. The 088 is working amazing now! So that's cool, they are so well made just some movement issues.. gen is like 5-10K so honestly, i'm still up here.. only $600 in the hole due to reps :) Im sure i can get this 005 working if i take the caseback off!

Every time you wear one of these reps on one wrist make sure you wear your Casio on the other wrist just to be safe (if you care about time). That's what I'm doing. And this way I don't even have to wind them let alone caring if the minute hand moves. High beat, low beat, Swiss, Asian, works, doesn't work. It's all good.

Edited by poretl

anyone know where i can find rep friendly dealers? Should I just call them and ask ? lol

What do you have to lose? Just make sure you start with the classic lame "My friend has a replica and he was wondering if you fix replicas. In case you didn't hear me well it's my friend, not me. I would never buy replicas. In fact I don't even talk to people who buy replicas. Well, except this one friend."

na was actually just gonna tell them a friend gave me them and i wanted to get them fixed.. just know it's 'illegal' so i dont want to put myself in any risk, any of u guys ever goto a local watch repair in the states about fixing a piece?

Watchsmiths hate rep watches because 9 out of 10 times the movements are also fake. Try to find a member on this forum who can help you out. Where are you located ??

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk