When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i feel like [censored].

whoever

i know that it's quite weired to share things like that on a forum, six months ago i would never had done it, but i really feel like [censored], and i'm quite drunk, so forgive me for my open thread...i know that for example brockelhorst who is a great friend would drag me out for a beer but he's abroad....

Just lost my first patient by suicide this afternoon, and i feel kind if half way guilty, spechless, there is nothing to do...

I knew this would happen one day, comes with my job, but it's very hard to handle, i never imagined it to be that hard! Even if you work years and years knowing that psychiatrie brings this kind of things...you feel like hell.

it's was like assisting a 8 months long suicide, doing everything you can to prevent it...but you can't....

i really don't know what to say,

just saying it.

maybe just a way to make him immortal.

thx.

Sometimes the easiest people to tell these things are those you don't know personally. Reflect on the positive change you've made and realize, as we all must, that the World can really be a tough place sometimes.

We all wish you well. Stay positive mate.

Unfortunately, in situations like this, the only person that can help is themselves. I am sure you did everything in your power, but some situations are too difficult for people to handle. I know it's extremely hard, but you can't blame yourself for this. Like you said, it is a part of the profession and it will probably happen again.

The only thing you can do is rely on your family and friends to be a support for you (as I am sure this has hit you very, very hard).

Sometimes the easiest people to tell these things are those you don't know personally. Reflect on the positive change you've made and realize, as we all must, that the World can really be a tough place sometimes.

We all wish you well. Stay positive mate.

+1,There are some professions that have a ugly side,this Is one of those professions unfortunately. Im sure It's very much like a surgeon losing a patient on the OR table,comes with the job. Focus on those you have helped,Im sure there have been many,best wishes. :) Mike

We are in 2011, we drive electric cars, touch type our Ipads and phones, we do social networking globally...................................................etc., etc., etc., but we still haven't figure out the human brain!

Please don't blame yourself! If science was able to figure out how the brain actually works, we won't have addicts, rapist, serial killers, and the likes......by now! Only God Knows what goes on in there!

You have your training and you know talking about it is one of the best theraphy/medicine.........and your starting it now! Let's pray for your patient that he/she meets with his GOD and is in a better place!

I think the fact that it has effected you so much shows the dedication and care you have to your work! I would be more worried if it didn't effect you bud!!

As has been said above, life is strange indeed. There is a saying in the North of England, "There's nowt as queer as folks" Basically translated to, there is nothing stranger on this planet than human beings and the way their minds work!!

It's good to feel for people in this situation, but in your line of work, as you said yourself, it happens. The fact you aren't jaded to it is a testament to you as a proffessional, I'm sure further down the line it won't effect you as much, this one being the first will always hurt and you will always remember, but just make sure you don't get so jaded or used to it that you brush it off as just another one! But from your post, I don't think thats something you would ever do!

I hope it gets easier for you man!

Sixx :bones:

Thanks for all this support, after a good night of sleep, a terrible hangover, and more important another day of work, teamwork, it feels better...i think i wouldn't have posted this without the scotch, but i'm more than happy to see all your posts tonight.

Afterall, i'm more than proud to have chosen this career, i think there is nothing else i can do in my life....:)

thank you very much! Thanks RWG!

:drinks:

Thanks for all this support, after a good night of sleep, a terrible hangover, and more important another day of work, teamwork, it feels better...i think i wouldn't have posted this without the scotch, but i'm more than happy to see all your posts tonight.

Afterall, i'm more than proud to have chosen this career, i think there is nothing else i can do in my life....:)

thank you very much! Thanks RWG!

:drinks:

Congrats on feeling much better man!

I don't even know you, but i feel like thanking you for all your hard work, don't feel bad fot your loss.

After all, you put a lot of effort on that case. If anything i'd understand if you felt bad because you neglected your patient. I'm a health care provider myself and i feel bad when i don't put my 100% effort in

a patient. when i try and things fail i try not to feel bad.

Take care!

:drinks: thx! i think i need to buy a watch....or sth. :) Almost did yesterday after 5 scotch! I wonder what i'd have purchased...maybe it's a good thing i didn't....

well, i think i learned a lot with this.

stay healthy everybody.

Just a friendly bit of advice,DONT DRINK AND PURCHASE REPS. :clapping: Unfortunately I had to learn the hard way. :drunk: