When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 005 CG opinion...

Guest Sql_pl

I just received my delayed 005 order qc pics and I am not too happy about CG, am I too picky?

p1250634.jpg

p1250635.jpg

I feel the lever is a bit too deep, it also looks weird as if it was burnt somehow...

Apart from that I can tell you I feel as if this watch literally had my name on it!

p1250633.jpg:thumbsupsmileyanim:

i dont think its too bad, mine is also not exactly flush, but not even gen pams are always 100 percent flush with the lever and cg, so i did not care so much about that ;) and you will never notice the difference of the levers, this from your watch and the one from mjmurphy when you have it on your wrist

btw mine looks the same like yours, i compared it with some pics, but never noticed from the naked eye, i mean its not even 1mm :D im no freakin falcon :D

but if you realy dont like it, tell our beloved dealer some greetings from me :D and let her change the watch for you

Edited by deniz21

Not that it matters for the arguments sake but thats a 000 on your last picture deniz. :)

I'm still waiting for the QC pics of mine.

CG is not too bad on the first pics but since these QC pictures are there for a reason I would have wanted another one if it bothers me too much. But since you have accepted, enjoy your watch Maciek. It's a great chance to do more pictorials with beautiful women and nice cars like you used to... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Funnily enough I had a similar situation yesterday

I was taking pics of my franken 217 which has a gen CG and crown plus other bits ...anyway I took some pics loaded them onto the computer and cropped the pics as I wanted some of the CG and crown...but once I did this and saw the result I was surprised... In my hand the CG lever is completely flush to my eye and running my fingernail over it but in the pic it looks well off as you can see below...

So although the CG lever may not look great I am sure its better than it looks...just look at those gens...I would be pretty certain in your hand that they are flush...

Indeed if you look at the 2 shots I took of the pin you can see just how different the same watch part can look with different shots/cropping etc. It just highlights how pics can be an aid but you shouldnt rely on them either way...

oh yeah of course its a 000 :D

anyways.. if you are righthanded like me you will dont see the lever very often

here is my 177 :) and i realy like it for now, movement had some issues but solved them now it works perfect and looks great :D i polished the titan a bit

imagedkn.jpg

Edited by deniz21

Blimey D ........ "a bit !!! "

Be interested to see more of a polished Ti PAM - post a thread mate ;):) Please :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hey pete :D the dull ti look wasnt my thing, so i tryd AUTOSOL metal polish on her, and now bling bling i like it :D

ok mate i will make some nice pics of the watch tomorrow, and make a thread after that ;)

and only because you asked for it :)

and heres a little teaser for ya :thumbsupsmileyanim: no photoshop ;)

image3sad.jpg

Edited by deniz21

hey pete :D the dull ti look wasnt my thing, so i tryd AUTOSOL metal polish on her, and now bling bling i like it :D

ok mate i will make some nice pics of the watch tomorrow, and make a thread after that ;)

and only because you asked for it :)

and heres a little teaser for ya :thumbsupsmileyanim: no photoshop ;)

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Thanks D

I shall wait patiently ;)

I cant say I have seen Ti polished before...well not intentionally ;)

HAHA :D we here in germany dont make anything accidental :p

i know its not 100 percent accurate, but i dont care :D

Mate accuracy is overrated most of the time (Yes I did say that!!! ;) ).... after all there are plenty of gen owners who change the look of their gens !! DLC, PVD, repolishing etc etc Why cant we if we like it :)

Yours looks great Marty. Is the crystal really as good as it looks in this picture? I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Crystals are the same as the 177 and 219 mate much better than the 111 and about as good as the EL thick crystals you sometimes see about but what sets these apart is the AR which is also very good for reps.

Picking up on TXs point has anyone made comment as to the size of the CG in similar respect to the way the 177 is undersized? This might have a bearing on the options..

The crown mod would at least make it better but as I said before the pic could be decieving to the extent of the problem you see in the QC pics :thumbsupsmileyanim: