When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need to enlarge the hole on a ETA Hands is it possible?

cib0rgman

To some degree, yes. You need a set of broaches, which are circular files/burnishers that you rotate in the hole to increase its size

30544-a.jpg

(Click the pic for the link)

If you have a light touch, you can hold the hands while broaching them. Otherwise, you need a hand holder

ofrei-719.jpg

(Click the pic for the link)

IMPORTANT - Be very careful & re-check the hole size FREQUENTLY as the difference between too small & too large can occur very quickly.

The seconds hand size on the ETA is too big for a 21j, not too small. So you can enlarge the hour and minute but you'll need to stake the seconds hand.

Probably easier to just buy some 21j hands.

I believe sneed12 is right. I had to squish them gently with a pair of pliers. But unfortunately I squished them too hard and broke the stem.

btw, where do you get 21j seconds hands anyways???

I think this task is almost impossible for me to accomplish. My project has stop until i can source the hands; what if I want to switch the movement for one which date-wheel rotates in the same direction as the roles calendar wheel. I know that a zodiac 75b can be use but is almost impossible to get one.

Thanks