When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

212, 253, 286 Side by Side

PeteM

Dude you got a thing going on for these Regatta Chrono's. Thanks for the comparison post , they all look pretty sweet , the 212 looks kinds of dull though and its the 286 Rattra that gets my vote.

Is the waffle dial more pronounced? it looks sharper than the 53 . Which do you prefer

I defintely feel the 286 is deeper than the 253 and do prefer the 286 despite the faux pusher...

Just gota thing about these cases and dome crystals :)

thanks soo much pete.. you're the man. My request has been answered :). Beautiful shot. You're right about the hobnail on the 286 though. Looks deeper and more matted than the 253, although it might just be your peice.. I recall seeing photos on RG and RWI of 253 dials that look a lot more pronounced and deeper hobnail.

The lighting in this pic might also have something to do with the dial effect. For me the 253 is a much better looking piece but both are soo damn sexy.

post-25577-0-55673500-1298288052.jpg

No problems mate :)

I think you are right the lighting is giving it a lesser depth, if you can recall the pics I posted of it without the crystal you can see that

But now I have them both and had them serviced... I have decided to keep the 286 and 212 so the 253 has to go as other reps are calling me .....

Edited by PeteM

good choice, i also would sell the 253 when i have a 286 :) the black hands and the different subdial on the right on the 286 looks better :)

but to be honest :D i would be also happy with the 253 :D they all three a very nice looking watches, specialy with the straps you have on them, great taste :)

oh and your watchbox rocks P :) i have the same from rainer ;)

Edited by deniz21

oh and your watchbox rocks P :) i have the same from rainer ;)

Yes mate, I really like Rainers boxes...I did get the 12 version but my watches wouldnt fit in it or rather I couldnt close the lid as the 12er is 1cm shallower so I ended up swapping it for a few 6ers :)

Great quality and great service.....

You're forgiven if you give me your 253 for free...... ;)

hahaha.. Great work pete though seriously. You bring some real quality to this forum! Cheers bro, and good luck with the sale.. i'm sure it'll move fast :)

Its in the post I didnt use tracking but I have proof of posting from my Mum !!

Thanks mate I will take that even though I dont deserve it.... I appreciate it...(Now where do I send that cash to !! ;) )

Thanks guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The 286 is sporting an OEM alligator mid brown

The 212 has got a great croc strap made by Mario (username- Orloff), I had it made for my 177 hence the ti coloured stitch but I prefer it on the 212...Mario does great straps to order and at fantastic prices !!

I really cant recommend enough Orloff's straps...... and he is a nice bloke :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi Pete. I'm looking at getting a 286 but am really new to the rep world. Can you tell me where you got yours and if any mods? Thanks Damon!

I defintely feel the 286 is deeper than the 253 and do prefer the 286 despite the faux pusher...

Just gota thing about these cases and dome crystals :)

Pete, so for you, really the best is the 286 compared to the 253, but what about the 212?

Correction Pabler. He didn't say the 286 is better, he said that he PREFERS the 286. I imagine the build quality to be roughly the same for all three watches. I, for example, prefer the look of the 253 over the 286, but it's purely personal. At this point, it's whichever watch you find more attractive, since quality will be the same for all :)

Exactly right P :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I like them all including the 212 !!

I like the blue touch on the subdial as it lifts the chrono blue hand for my tastes :) Though build wise they are all comparable...I think the 286 dial seems a little better especially in replication terms but its negligible !! I am not talking so much about the texture...

I really hope they produce that dial with a Blue Tachymeter...!!!! Well you know where I am going with that ;) !!! Now I would buy that in a flash...;)

Guessing that technically the 212 is the most accurate of all, since the watch used to construct all three was a 212. (sure the factories don't have access to any of the older limited edition models like 253 and 286).

I would have to agree with that mate....:thumbsupsmileyanim: