When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Perpetual Date 115200

alterego

Hi: This is my first post on this forum and I'd like to introduce myself, before addressing the topic on the title. I bought my first Rolex (Date Perpetual) back in 68 (lots of things happened in 68 and since then). I have owned quite a few gen watches,including one of the mot sought, the venerable DRSD. Also a 5512 and two 5513s, as well as several datejusts and subs came and went. Definitely keepers, I still own and Explorer 1016, OQ 17000, Datejust 1601, Airking 5500 and a Tudor Sub 79190. I still hope to own a Daytona, but that's something I'll have to postpone once more time.

A few years back I bought a ETA powered rep AP Royal Oak and a Panerai Radiomir (the big one) with a Swiss 6497 movement. Buying a replica is no equivalent to owning the real thing but,it sure gives the owner the feeling of wearing a $ 5 or 10 K watch, spending a fraction of the cost of the genuine. So, In my opinion , buying a replica may help you decide very comfortablY AND WITHOUT THE PREASURE OF DECIDING AT THE DEALER'S COUNTER what gen you really want to own. tOday I have about 2 dozen reps and I continue buying more. My last purchase, a Hublot Mille Miglia. I love the sucker. Pending is the stunning Breguet Aeronavale.

Well, the point of this post is asking the experts which way should I go to find a reliable source for a not so common Rolex Perpetual Date Ref 115200 (34 mm), with the new designed dommed bezel. It's a beauty. I had the real one on my wrist at an AD in Cozumel last week and I haven't been able to sleep well, since then. I've checked in the net and there a few dealers selling for EU customers at 300 Euros with a japanese movement version, which I think is too expensive. Furthermore, never heard of these dealers who advertise in Spanish and English.

Can someone please give me a hand to direct my search ?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Best Regards.

I was thinking they weren't out there, but I found some rep sites carrying them

http://www.rolexreplica123.com/class/Date_1.html

http://www.hkwatchseller.com/product/Oyster_Perpetual_Date_Domed_Bezel_Oyster_Bracelet_115200_003907.html

So you would think our collectors could source them- this model came out in 2007 from Rolex.