When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Heritage Nato Strap On Omega Planet Ocean ...

wheaton26

this strap would be the perfect match up for a planet ocean with orange numbers :D

but this looks also nice, is your PO black and white?

yes, mine is the black and white version. but i agree with you ... it might look better against the orange numbered dials. or even the orange bezels for that matter. i actually enjoy mine on a bond nato from time to time now (see pics below). and since the tudor experts didn't chime in ... i had to do my own research. poor me. the good news is that the lug with is 22mm! perfect for the 45mm po's. anyway, now comes the real dirty work in trying to track one of these down. if there was a rep, it would be easy. thanks for the comments guys!

DSC07842.jpg

DSC07841.jpg

Sorry for not chiming in earlier wheaton.

The lug width is indeed 22mm. However you will come across two problems with this strap I think. First and foremost is finding one. I can't imagine too many of these will be floating around but you never know I guess. Second is that it is not a traditional nato strap so mounting it may not be strait forward. The spring bars for the THC are built into the strap (see pic) so I am not sure how well the PO will stay put if it is just threaded through the normal spring bars. Maybe OK but I dunno. :unknw: Actually now that I think about it that's the same as a normal nato right. :doh:

Tudor+Heritage+108.jpg

And before you ask......no I won't part with mine :)

Sorry for not chiming in earlier wheaton.

The lug width is indeed 22mm. However you will come across two problems with this strap I think. First and foremost is finding one. I can't imagine too many of these will be floating around but you never know I guess. Second is that it is not a traditional nato strap so mounting it may not be strait forward. The spring bars for the THC are built into the strap (see pic) so I am not sure how well the PO will stay put if it is just threaded through the normal spring bars. Maybe OK but I dunno. :unknw: Actually now that I think about it that's the same as a normal nato right. :doh:

And before you ask......no I won't part with mine :)

thanks for the reply ... i won't ask. lol. probably the only way i'm going to find this is by going to my ad and ordering it. and i see what you're saying about the strap. please let me know if the spring bars can be removed and inserted somewhere else on the strap? the reason i ask is because the tudor case is 42mm while the omega is 45mm. the spring bars may be too close together to fit the omega ... i don't know. any chance you have a po to try it on? :whistling:

I have that strap!!! Bought from timefactors.com

I will take pictures later with my PO

you have which strap? i see a similar one on that site (see below), but it only comes in 20mm. is your po the 42mm version? dying to see pics. thanks in advance!

orgbond3.jpg

thanks for the reply ... i won't ask. lol. probably the only way i'm going to find this is by going to my ad and ordering it. and i see what you're saying about the strap. please let me know if the spring bars can be removed and inserted somewhere else on the strap? the reason i ask is because the tudor case is 42mm while the omega is 45mm. the spring bars may be too close together to fit the omega ... i don't know. any chance you have a po to try it on? :whistling:

Actually, I do have a POC with orange numerals to try it on (should be close to the 45 PO). I will give it a go tonight and post pics of the result.

Here they are. The timefactors strap (20mm) with a 42mm 5th gen PO with GEN Dial, GEN Bezel, and GEN He Valve.

thank you for taking the time to post these pics. it looks great! that's what i love about rwg ... you ask and you shall receive. unfortunately for me, these aren't available in 22mm. so it's back to my original plan as long as things will fit. krpster will hopefully confirm that tonight!

I know this isn't the same as the Tudor strap, but similar concept...

IMG_0959.jpg

This is my 42 PO on a two piece thick nylon strap from ebay. Mine's a 20mm, but i think they also come in 22mm. It also has a gen Omega buckle. My PO has a black insert now BTW. I get comments on the combo all the time!

I know this isn't the same as the Tudor strap, but similar concept...

This is my 42 PO on a two piece thick nylon strap from ebay. Mine's a 20mm, but i think they also come in 22mm. It also has a gen Omega buckle. My PO has a black insert now BTW. I get comments on the combo all the time!

very cool ... thanks for posting!

OK. So here is the deal. First off the span of the built in spring bars is too short (at least for my PO Chrono). Perhaps the regular PO isn't as thick and may be closer to fitting but I have my doubts. Also, the sleve where the spring bar is fitted to the strap is designed for one location only so there is no possibility of inserting it at a different location. So the only possibility is to thread it through the PO spring bars the old fashioned way (sorry for my lame photos. Best I could do in my man cave at night :) ).

POCwithTHCNato1.jpg

POCwithTHCNato2.jpg

The only drawback was that the fit was quite tight with the buckle in the last hole on the strap. I have a 7.5" wrist so that should help you gauge it. Again I think this would be less of a problem on the normal PO since the PO Chrono is very thick.

Hope this helps.

OK. So here is the deal. First off the span of the built in spring bars is too short (at least for my PO Chrono). Perhaps the regular PO isn't as thick and may be closer to fitting but I have my doubts. Also, the sleve where the spring bar is fitted to the strap is designed for one location only so there is no possibility of inserting it at a different location. So the only possibility is to thread it through the PO spring bars the old fashioned way (sorry for my lame photos. Best I could do in my man cave at night :) ).

The only drawback was that the fit was quite tight with the buckle in the last hole on the strap. I have a 7.5" wrist so that should help you gauge it. Again I think this would be less of a problem on the normal PO since the PO Chrono is very thick.

Hope this helps.

well this was extremely helpful ... thank you! of the different options posted, i personally like the look of the tudor nato the best.

... it just doesn't fit the way i was hoping, so i'm going to cool off for now. i really appreciate everyone's input and pictures. thanks again.