When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Starting a 5512 project..

Guest jsuperman17

Guest jsuperman17

heyy guys.. i officially in need a of a vintage piece in my collection.. i cant do a small watch.. so i ditched my monte carlo.. i recently recieved the new 5512 from trusty... but the cg bother me!! theyre too short.. and the bezel moves freely.. dont know if thats normal.. anyways my questio what are some alternative cases to use besides mbw that will accept gen parts? i see that pt has some white 1680 subs with a 2846 movement.. can i used that and swap out the dial? all suggestions welcomed.. or if you have a 5512 you want to part with in conus that would also make life sweeter! :D

If you use an actual 1680 case from Phong, NDT or Yuki, a 5512 dial is going to be too small. The only exception would be the MBW '1680' case which is actually just a renumbered 5513 case (for example, a genuine 1680 dial in an MBW '1680 case won't fit as the dial will be too big).

jsuperman- I think a MBW case is going to be the best best for your project. Relatively low cost and definitely one of the better quality cases out there. The bezel rotation/play will vary among watches; even one MBW to another. This is adjusted by giving the bezel washer a slight bend.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

//ubi

heyy guys.. i officially in need a of a vintage piece in my collection.. i cant do a small watch.. so i ditched my monte carlo.. i recently recieved the new 5512 from trusty... but the cg bother me!! theyre too short.. and the bezel moves freely.. dont know if thats normal.. anyways my questio what are some alternative cases to use besides mbw that will accept gen parts? i see that pt has some white 1680 subs with a 2846 movement.. can i used that and swap out the dial? all suggestions welcomed.. or if you have a 5512 you want to part with in conus that would also make life sweeter! :D

I think you may be giving up to soon. The 5512 from josh (same as trusty by the sounds of it) is a very nice watch. I agree the crown guards are a little short, but with a smaller crown and some work to the outside of the CG's, I have seen some miracles performed.

I have a 1680 and 5512 on the way from Josh and that's the first thing I will be doing. Also the crown is huge, making it look twice as bad.

You've got the watch now, may as well mod it, see how it goes.

Kind regards, Marc.

Guest jsuperman17

Yeah I saw gileto's mbw 5512.. Absolutely gorgeous.. I like the white dial markers :) its a cleaner look... I want a watch that I can really wear and not worry about where my left wrist flies into lol who can I ask to get me a mbw?