When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link Chrono Blue -- Senna Version, Or Not? ? ?

Tjabo

Hello all,

I am pretty set on getting one of the two, but I'm a little torn on whether the additional color of the Senna version adds or detracts from the attractiveness of the watch. The standard version is certainly a classy and attractive watch. I was a big Senna fan though, so I wouldn't mind having that version if it looks as good or better.

Can anyone say from seeing either or both of them in person which one is nicer to him or her?

Sorry for rambling, I hope I made SOME sense!

Thanks!

Thanks to all of you for your input! :)

If anyone who has seen either version firsthand reads this, please let me know what you thought! I think I'm leaning toward the normal version because it just looks cleaner, but I'm still a little bit on the fence. . .

Thanks again!

Edited by Tjabo

Wow, this is a tough decision. . . :g:

Hopefully my wife will have a clear preference, and then she'll be a little more "invested" in the whole thing. Hah hah. . .

So, here's a follow-up question:

If this is likely to be my almost sole watch that I wear other than when I'm working on a car, or working in the yard or something, would that change any of your opinions? Is the Senna version just a little too colorful for wearing with dress clothes or anything?

Thanks again for all of your help!

I wore it with both my sports coat and suit, and it looks fine. Maybe not the one to wear to parties as it is not dressy enough; however, I wear mine to informal parties.

Heck, James Bond wore his Omega SMP--which IMHO less dressy--and still looks good with a suit... maybe because it's Pierce Brosnan and the English accent? who knows :D

^^^^LOL. Someone pointed out the inaccurate caseback and the green color on the 2nd's hand detracting--so I thought i'd point out an odd feature on my rep. I just don't understand why only 24-31 are off center??? Anyway--the Senna is a KOOL rep and I like it. Got it from King at a very KOOL price. :p

TS B)

If you are a Senna Fan in the least, there is only one choice and I think it should be abuntantly clear to you. It will be my next purchase as well.

<-------------------

If you are a Senna Fan in the least, there is only one choice and I think it should be abuntantly clear to you. It will be my next purchase as well.

<-------------------

I've got to agree with the above. Besides, it is the better looking of the two. I wouldn't worry too much about the case back, not very many people have seen the real one to compare it to.

Time for the stupid question Du Jour while I continue to wrestle with this choice. . . :(

I'm pretty sure the Senna version dial is a slightly darker blue, is that correct?

Assuming it is, I'm not sure what it means to me, but I guess it is one thing to nail down that might help me figure out what I'm doing!

Thanks for your ongoing input! ! !

Joshua says it's not true.

My belief that the blues were different was based on all of the pictures I've looked at, and looking at the Brazilian flag. It just seems that the blue in the flag, and all of the blues on the Senna watches are darker, less bright and vivid, than the standard version Tag Link Chrono 2006 version. I do like the vivid blue, but it's real hard to get a fix on any of this stuff without holding one in each hand and comparing side by side.

I'm going out of town for a couple of days, so my goal is to arrive at a decision while I'm gone, and make an order this weekend!

Hrmm... now I go and look at the Senna watch... Damnit. I like it. Was all set to hit the "pay now" for just the regular link in blue tomorrow when a check I deposited yesterday clears.... Now I'm in that toss up point...

And I must say the caseback issue isn't a huge one to me... not like I'll wear it into an AD. And i'm just guessing that 99.999% of the worlds population has no idea what the caseback is 'posed to look like anyhow. And the .0001% that do?... we all post here.

orange p.o.... tag blue link chrono... Senna chrono... looks like gonna be a coin toss flip off at the old OiRogers homestead tonight.