When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Going To Nyc For Handbags

dariusp

Going to New York in a couple of weeks and I need some insight as to where I can find some quality rep handbags, Coach, Prada, Gucci, LV, etc. Any suggestions, or does anyone "know" anyone who can help me?

I know the watch situation in NY, so I'm not going down that road.

Thanks guys.

I can get you the very best deal on bulk bags, better than you will find on Canal street.

Ken

Ken, can I have your first born as well? :lol:

But seriously, Ken is the man in that department, you should check out his store....I will be ordering Ken, as soon as I finish this damn school work!

I saw them on canal street last week, was wondering around while my girlfriend was shopping in soho. The reps are sooooo crappy. Handbags looked crappy too. Probably get the best stuff from our dealers here

well, you have to know where to look, most vendors keep 2 stashes.. one for the general public, and a better quality line for people who know how to ask. It helps to speak the langauge, especially if you are female. my g/f who is chinese american has very good success when she goes without me.. when she is with me, the vendors sometimes mistake me for an undercover officer, than she is shot.

Another approach is to look for asian women who are just kind of standing around on a sidewalk and who look like they are on the prowl.. they may have brochures or other collateral with them.. and they are being discrete. If you find one, and they think you are safe, they will take you to the place they keep their stash. it is usually not a store front..sometimes it is in the back of a sweatshop, sometimes it can seem kind of scary because they are on back streets up alleys, but we have never had a problem.

Bottom line, The quality of the 'secret stash' merchandise is much better than what you see in the typical store front

True but the cost is higher too so no good for dariusp.

Ken

well, if he gets to the right person, he may be able to cut a deal.. i have seen one other person do it... apparently this person sold them off of a sanitation truck to regular clients in an upscale neighborhood.. i... LOL ... he must have had a regular arrangement, i just happened to overhear him talking with the vendor, but i am not sure how one would go about making the arrangement.

I think the biggest problem of buying multiples from a street vendor would be going through them all thoroughly to verify quality and then having to move them back to a safe location to stash.

If you could order them and have them delivered at your convienence, it seems like that would be ideal.

I appreciate all the responses. I think I'm going to stick with some contacts that I've made here as opposed to going to NYC. One of the problems with flying up to the city is once I find some stuff, I was going to have to ship it back to myself, and that's more cost.

If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to let me know.