When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally! The Chronopassion is out!

Guys,

I know the AP ROO chronos do look great. I like to some day own a safari model or this one, nice and light. However, I am wondering if any of you thought of this. Since the gasket is exposed between the bezel and case, will it ever gets dried up and starts to crack? If so, what do we do then? It would be tough to find replacement parts. What would be the useful life for the $600 spend on this?

It's really hard to tell from the pics if the case edges are polished. My QC pre-ship pics appear to show that the case edges are indeed polished. This is merely speculation at this point because A.) the pics are low-res B.) titanium tones are very hard to discern via photos.

Mine hopefully will arrive safe & sound in just a few short days.

I've noted that the caseback serial numbers appear to be unique! Cool!

• 2 weeks later...

On a practical note, bead blasted titanium will be a scratch magnet, without any option to re-brush....

It does scratch... but not that easily neither... titanium is a fairly hard metal.

Well, on my gen Porsche (beaded titanium is the "signature" for these), I use the blue/hard side of a two sided eraser, with caution, and the results aren't too bad...

• 2 weeks later...