When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bling set Time and Date

Revano

What are the exact rules to set the time and date of a Breitling?

From what I found so far it's:

1. unscrew the crown counter-clockwise.

2. pull it out completely and set the time to 4:30 (recommended before setting date).

3> turn the crown clockwise to set the time.

4. push in the crown one level to set the date.

5. turn the crown counterclockwise to set the date.

6. when finished push the crown all the way back in and turn it clockwise to lock it again.

Tip: move the crown gently.

I find it odd that you must set the time clockwise, but date counterclockwise.

Can someone please confirm that this method is correct?

1. unscrew the crown counter-clockwise.

2. pull it out completely and set the time to 4:30 (recommended before setting date).

3. push in the crown one level to set the date.

4> set date

5> pull out again to set time

6> turn the crown clockwise to set the time.

7. when finished push the crown all the way back in and turn it clockwise to lock it again.

Tip: move the crown gently.

The 4:30 time change before setting date is to prevent damaging the date change mechanism.

Edited by slickdick

Alright, so you should always turn the crown clockwise to set both time and date? I read on a eHow guide to turn the crown counterclockwise for the date.

Does it matter if you accidentally move the crown counter-clockwise?

Also, I heard something about winding up the movement if it stopped for a long time. How does that work? I'd rather just wear it a while so it automatically starts again. How can you avoid to accidentally wind up the movement?

To ensure that I am always on the proper AM or PM I do the following;

-Pull crown out and advance time until date changes

-Advance time to 6:00 AM

-push crown in and back out to the date position

-set to proper date

-pull out and se the time to one minute past the actual time

The last step is because after setting the time the A7750 doesn't seem to advance the minute hand until the second minute. If you set the time properly you will find that your watch is a minute slow all day ;)

Okay, so it doesn't matter if you turn the crown counterclockwise?

BTW I found that the A7750 stops moving fairly quickly when not wearing it on your wrist. For example if I leave it on a desk for one night, it'll have stopped moving the next day. Is this normal?

It's usually best to get the 7750 serviced, the movement could have been stored anywhere and you don't know whats inside of it, you wouldn't believe the things people have pulled out of their 'new' watches!

Your best bet is to go to the 'How to' section and read up on the Zigmeister's tutorials, they will give you all the info you need to care for your watch!

It does sound like your watch doesn't have the best power reserve, unless you don't wear it for long through the day, or you don't move your arm around much?!

A service will remedy it no problems! Then it should be good for at least 3 years if taken care of!

Sixx :bones:

Your best bet is to go to the 'How to' section and read up on the Zigmeister's tutorials, they will give you all the info you need to care for your watch!

Alright thanks.

It's usually best to get the 7750 serviced, the movement could have been stored anywhere and you don't know whats inside of it, you wouldn't believe the things people have pulled out of their 'new' watches!....

It does sound like your watch doesn't have the best power reserve, unless you don't wear it for long through the day, or you don't move your arm around much?!

A service will remedy it no problems! Then it should be good for at least 3 years if taken care of!

How much money will such a service cost, and how long does it take? BTW the hands started moving again after about 2-3 hours of wearing.

Edited by Revano