When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just thinking...

TeeJay

Guest zeleni kukuruz

And what suprices me is, way the he*l dident throw in a goldfish at the same time!

God i hate that watch!

Sorry guys, i know many of you lik it. Let me just let out some steam and i will shut up!

And what suprices me is, way the he*l dident throw in a goldfish at the same time!

God i hate that watch!

Sorry guys, i know many of you lik it. Let me just let out some steam and i will shut up!

Haha, yes many of us do. Me? I'm not a fan of the brand at all. I only like this watch.

Have you tried one on? Like my experience... I bet many who 'hate" it would change their mind after wearing it for half an hour.

;)

Have never been a fan of the DSSD (or any other Rolex for that matter). But it's definitely grown on me...a lot!

All just personal taste I guess. Some people like fat chics. I don't, but they all need love too. :)

Nothing wrong with fat chicks,the flour can get kind of messy though,just saying :o

Having not tried on a DSSD, I can't say that I wouldn't love one if I was to try one on, but from a comparison based just on the photos, the bracelet of the Heritage certainly seems more in proportion to the size of the case, by comparison to the bracelet of the DSSD. Just seems strange to me that they would make one large watch and fit it with a standard size bracelet, and then make another large watch, and give it a bracelet which is more in proportion :pardon:

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Haha, yes many of us do. Me? I'm not a fan of the brand at all. I only like this watch.

Have you tried one on? Like my experience... I bet many who 'hate" it would change their mind after wearing it for half an hour.

;)

Noop never did never will.

At first glance, yes the bracelet looks a tad small. Once you wear the watch for a full day or better you realize that the standard size bracelet fits perfect. My Breitling Bentley gets way to constricting with its wide bracelet after wearing it more than a few hours.

I would like it wider for aesthetic reasons but perhaps Rolex's R&D discovered it was more comfy this way... it's a damn comfy watch for a big one.

Noop never did never will.

Haha, that's what i said about rolex, and panerai and breitling. I was wrong.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I would like it wider for aesthetic reasons but perhaps Rolex's R&D discovered it was more comfy this way... it's a damn comfy watch for a big one.

Haha, that's what i said about rolex, and panerai and breitling. I was wrong.

No you got me wrong. I love rolex also panerai not a huge fan of the breitling thou!

But rolex realy crashed and burnd on this one m8!

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

No you got me wrong. I love rolex also panerai not a huge fan of the breitling thou!

But rolex realy crashed and burnd on this one m8!

I agree, and have always viewed the DSSD is just an over-engineered white elephant :pardon: I mean, seriously, who needs 12000 ft water resistance? Certainly not the diver who's been pulped by the pressure, that's for sure :whistling: There've also been reports of the welds on the glide lock clasps failing, which simply could not happen with either the older oyster bracelet clasps. I'm not 100%, but I believe the clasp of the Heritage is also of the traditional rolled leaf design, rather than the modern welded leaf design...

[Edit to add]

I've just seen that the gen Heritage uses welded leaves as well in the clasp :thumbdown:

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I agree, and have always viewed the DSSD is just an over-engineered white elephant :pardon: I mean, seriously, who needs 12000 ft water resistance? Certainly not the diver who's been pulped by the pressure, that's for sure :whistling: There've also been reports of the welds on the glide lock clasps failing, which simply could not happen with either the older oyster bracelet clasps. I'm not 100%, but I believe the clasp of the Heritage is also of the traditional rolled leaf design, rather than the modern welded leaf design...

TJ.

We all live now and yes we all have to face the future with good and band things.

But its soooo nice to say from time to time "it was better before" especially when i see this watch ;)

TJ.

We all live now and yes we all have to face the future with good and band things.

But its soooo nice to say from time to time "it was better before" especially when i see this watch ;)

I quite agree, Rolex really has lost it's way as a company, with too many blinged out and over-sized designs. Of course, they've been in the business of making money, rather than just selling professional tool watches for about 30 years, but recently they seem to have lost the plot altogether :lol:

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I quite agree, Rolex really has lost it's way as a company, with too many blinged out and over-sized designs. Of course, they've been in the business of making money, rather than just selling professional tool watches for about 30 years, but recently they seem to have lost the plot altogether :lol:

Mr TJ, we should have some drinks you and me! That would been great ;)

I couldent said it better myself!

I agree about rolex. I hate the brand.. but love the DSSD. It really is one of the most comfortable watches I own, much bigger than my UPO but the bracelet is actually much more comfortable.

Rolex as a company has definitely lost its way, both with regards to its designs, and with regards to its ridiculous prices!

But I also agree with Mastrmind. All of you haters, put one on your wrist.. then come back and tell us what you think... It really is a watch that looks AND feels great on the wrist especially for it's massive size. ;)

Zeleni.. take a chill pill my friend.. We're all entitled to opinions but you don't have to have a heart attack about it! ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I agree about rolex. I hate the brand.. but love the DSSD. It really is one of the most comfortable watches I own, much bigger than my UPO but the bracelet is actually much more comfortable.

Rolex as a company has definitely lost its way, both with regards to its designs, and with regards to its ridiculous prices!

But I also agree with Mastrmind. All of you haters, put one on your wrist.. then come back and tell us what you think... It really is a watch that looks AND feels great on the wrist especially for it's massive size. ;)

Zeleni.. take a chill pill my friend.. We're all entitled to opinions but you don't have to have a heart attack about it! ;)

Chill pill? No thanks m8, i dont smoke and i dont do drugs. I just like to drink and pi*s on ugly watches from time to time ;)

Mr TJ, we should have some drinks you and me! That would been great ;)

I couldent said it better myself!

A few beers would definitely be cool sometime :drinks: I just think it's a shame that they've lost their way and are just following the $$s, rather than focussing on making good watches :)

I was nearly able to try on one a few months back in London, but wifey wouldn't let me go in the AD :bangin: I have to admit, I think if I was to put one on, it wouldn't surprise me if I was to like it, I just think that aesthetically, they missed the mark by not going with a wider bracelet (same as with the Wide Lug Ceramic Subs) as it would just be a better balance with the size of the case. I only really noticed this since reading up on the Heritage, but once I realized the difference, I couldn't stop thinking about how a 22mm bracelet would better complement the DSSD :bangin: I wouldn't go so far as to say that I hate the DSSD, I just think that Rolex didn't necessarily make the best design decisions for a truly practical tool watch :) I'm sure I'll get to try one on eventually :good:

I've read that the 20mm bracelet width is quite brilliant - it helps to balance the watch on the wrist.

OK, now I'm intrigued - I have a 6.5" wrist, more round than narrow. Could I wear a DSSD?

And, who has a good, cheap DSSD to try out?

I've read that the 20mm bracelet width is quite brilliant - it helps to balance the watch on the wrist.

From what I've read, I believe that it is the glidelock clasp which provides the balance for the watch on the wrist, having now had the Tudor Heritage on my wrist for a few hours, I would stand by my belief that a 22mm bracelet would better suit the aesthetics of the DSSD, and make the watch look less 'oversized' on the bracelet :)

OK, now I'm intrigued - I have a 6.5" wrist, more round than narrow. Could I wear a DSSD?

And, who has a good, cheap DSSD to try out?

As long as the lugs don't hang over the edges of your wrist, then the watch is not too big :victory: Of course, you might be put off by how tall the watch stands from the surface of your wrist, but that's something you could only decide after trying one on :) As for good and cheap, I would say WatchEden is probably your best bet there, with this being the cheapest option, and this being a slightly more expensive, but more accurate version :)

"I like their old songs better than their new songs" :p

Forget branding and heritage for a minute. For my eyes (and wrist) it's modern while some traditional design aspects and exceptionally comfortable.

It's big enough that you don't look like you're wearing grandpa's watch, but not so big that you look like one of those rap guy's girlfriends.

Thanks for the leads, TeeJay.

I have a few 44mm Pams, I can wear them pretty well, I think, so the DSSD should not be a problem.