When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Place to Buy...

BGGodwin

I know the answer most given to this question and I totally believed it until recently. At most of the associated sellers sites (PT Swiss, Connie, Andrew, etc.), they all have right around the same price for an Ultimate Planet Ocean with the 45.5 bezel and the link bracelet. Then, I went to Tony's site (Asian7750) and his price was $238, $60 less than the other sites. As far as I can tell, it's the same watch!

So, I'm totally going to be "that guy" ( :p ) and ask where is the best place to buy a UPO with the big bezel? Where have you guys bought yours? I don't mind spending the $300 that most other places charge if it's for a better watch but if it's the same thing, I'll take the $238 price tag and have some money left over to spend on another watch.

It's not about the price for me.

The service is more important. What happens if customs grabs it, or it gets lost in the mail or is dead on arrival.

Most of my reps have come from Josh/pc8838 and on top of not having to worry about the above, he knows what he is talking about when I ask questions about certain reps.

I don't care about 30-60$ difference ..... it's moot if you have a problem, and the seller doesn't back you up.

just my thoughts

:)

It's not about the price for me.

The service is more important. What happens if customs grabs it, or it gets lost in the mail or is dead on arrival.

Most of my reps have come from Josh/pc8838 and on top of not having to worry about the above, he knows what he is talking about when I ask questions about certain reps.

I don't care about 30-60$ difference ..... it's moot if you have a problem, and the seller doesn't back you up.

just my thoughts

:)

I completely agree with you about the seller, I was just considering sellers who have favorable reviews (I could have just said that... :bangin: )

Have you ordered a UPO from Josh? I just tried to go to his site and it's down but maybe I'll contact him and see what he says. Thanks!

Dealers are free to charge what ever price they like. Some of the more popular dealers feel they can charge quite a bit more. Look around if you are searching for lower prices.

I'm not going to attempt to list high and low priced watch dealers.

Tony is supposed to be a very reliable dealer.

However, I can't reach him lately, and I'm waiting for a watch from him, so at the moment, I would look at other places.

Hmmm...I emailed Tony regarding 2 watches last night and got his reply this morning so maybe you could email him again?

I e-mailed Mary two weeks ago b/c Sixx told me to give her a try. I asked her if she could find me a particular model, and if so what she'd charge... apparently too busy for my business. So, my most impressive dealer keeps my business (Joshua). Ordered to my door in 6 days.

I e-mailed Mary two weeks ago b/c Sixx told me to give her a try. I asked her if she could find me a particular model, and if so what she'd charge... apparently too busy for my business. So, my most impressive dealer keeps my business (Joshua). Ordered to my door in 6 days.

It was announced 11 days ago that Mary is (was) in the hospital for surgery.

Ya i dont get why people make this so difficult on themselves either.

People yell "USE MARY" to everyone who asks for a dealer's name but She's the kind of dealer best left to more confident and experienced hobbyists.

Josh and Andrew are dealers with training wheels attached.

She's a professional but she is also a 1 woman shop .. hand-holding eats up her time. Then the newbs complain when their "WHER IS WATCH" mail is ignored.

Understand this from someone's perspective other than your own.

Funny...

I was the first post in this thread with my opinion on josh and value of knowing you will be taken care of when something goes wrong as opposed to saving a few bucks.

As fate would have it, my PO died yesterday when I got up. It had been starting to wind rough for a week or two, but now it barely goes into the winding position and sometimes the rotor spins while winding.

I emailed josh..got a reply 27 minutes later. He apologized for the watch and gave full detailed inst on how to get it back to him and assured me he would make it right.

Keep in mind the watch is a month out of warranty.

This is why I do not put alot of value in price shopping and nitpicking over 20-30$.

Funny...

I was the first post in this thread with my opinion on josh and value of knowing you will be taken care of when something goes wrong as opposed to saving a few bucks.

As fate would have it, my PO died yesterday when I got up. It had been starting to wind rough for a week or two, but now it barely goes into the winding position and sometimes the rotor spins while winding.

I emailed josh..got a reply 27 minutes later. He apologized for the watch and gave full detailed inst on how to get it back to him and assured me he would make it right.

This is why I do not put alot of value in price shopping and nitpicking over 20-30$.

Good to know Josh stands behind his stuff. If (actually when) I order a PO, I think you've sealed the deal on where I'm going!

Funny...

Yes, I agree josh is definitely a professional businessman. He will take care of a problem the best he can.

As I live in Guangzhou, China, I thought about getting into the business as I live and work so close to many of the factories. Reason I don't is that with my experiences with rep watches, they can be very hit and miss. As a dealer I would want to to do the best by my customer and really, I think I would spend more time chasing up issues than making new sales!

Good luck to all you dealers:) And if anyone makes it over here to see suppliers, drop me PM, always keen for a beer.

Cheers, Neil