When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

26k dial font issue in photo.

chad

You are correct, Babola has explained that the H factory just used the same font type from its previous endeavors to print the 26 dial. But unless you wear a loupe for eyeglasses- that's just splitting hairs on a rep that is less than the sales tax of a gen.

Ironically some people on paneristi did not like the change in cut out and dial font and many would have prefer the "rep"

As always I am about what looks good and less about accuracy. A thin crown looks bad, green weak lume looks bad, but this watch does look nice and thats what really counts

Thats a good spot mate :) I am not really one for those sort of details myself.... I know A etc has said the picsare of the actual watch but a few dealers have told me in discussion the pics available are the prototypes and not the final production watches...but whether that will affect anything we see in the released pics is another question...;)

No more than we should expected with the inscriptions !! and the depth issue wont be an issue as its easily sorted...the overalll finish of the case will be very interesting ..

Overall though I like the idea of having a decent looking destro at last...:)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I prefer the look of dial text font on the 026 rep, to the newer style dial text font on the 026 gen, so, although not as accurate, I think the rep text is better looking. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Also, I think the numeral cut-outs are accurate to the gen 026 pics I looked at. There appear to be two different gen 026 dial versions, each with different shaped numerals:

http://www.wrist-check.com/showthread.php?12158-Gen-026K-2-different-dials

Edited by ugoderosa

The cut out and dial font are far more noticeable than some of the other discussions here on accuracy such as case feet, movement finishing and dial finish etc etc etc.

It's never a good idea to say that it is ok for one of the best factories to just use a previously released dial font because they are too lazy to spend a few hours trying to find the right one.

If the word "hublot" was completely the wrong font and the numbers were a different shape on the big bang you bet there would be hell to pay by most members.

No reason we cannot be picky with panerai also.

Our expectations govern our wallets and our wallets govern how hard these guys will try to please us. Otherwise they could careless.

You are correct, Babola has explained that the H factory just used the same font type from its previous endeavors to print the 26 dial. But unless you wear a loupe for eyeglasses- that's just splitting hairs on a rep that is less than the sales tax of a gen.

Really?

The font? It is the statement of the brand and watch not the CG pin or torch like lume. What if there was a rolex sea dweller and the font was completely different than the gen?

Also what a gen owner would notice and not notice is not the standard that should be used. Most guys on risti could not tell a dsn rep from the gen.

is this a flaw even a gen owner of the 26k will notice?

Really?

The font? It is the statement of the brand and watch not the CG pin or torch like lume. What if there was a rolex sea dweller and the font was completely different than the gen?

Also what a gen owner would notice and not notice is not the standard that should be used. Most guys on risti could not tell a dsn rep from the gen.

are you drunk bro?