When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how do I rid black gunk from white ceramic links?

cubancurl

I have a white Chanel j12 that I love. IMO, most popular, most complemented watch ever.

Anyway, the biggest flaw of this rep is the white ceramic links are so translucent that the black gunk or oil inside the links actually is visible, it gives it a grayish color especially on the underside which seems to be more translucent. The black gunk is always leaking out and is obvious on a white watch. I've tried cleaning with dish soap & windex with tooth brush but I can't get inside the links & the black gunk is endless even though I've worn the wstch daily for years.

How do I get rid of it permenantly????!!!!!

Dave123; yes, my toothbrush temporarely removes the gunk but after a few days of wearing, there is black stuff seaping out again. How much of it can possibly be contained in that tiny hole in the link?? It never runs out!!

Edited by cubancurl

Thats what I do with the wife's, carefully remove the bracelet and just let it soak in dish soap water, use a toothbrush to get in the cracks, let it sit on its side to drain. Dry as good as possible. Use a liquid wax polish to get in the links, remove excess to top it off.

Edited by mattheis