When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

005 movement reliability

minuterepeater

A few people had problems, most didn't.

Maybe give it a little slap against your palm?

Also this wouldn't be a problem of the 005 movement but of the A6497-1 movement in general if at all (from the H-factorys supplier).

If the movement is really dead, just get a Seagull A6497-2 for 40 USD and you are good for the next years. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Tom Hawkes

Also this wouldn't be a problem of the 005 movement but of the A6497-1 movement in general if at all (from the H-factorys supplier).

If the movement is really dead, just get a Seagull A6497-2 for 40 USD and you are good for the next years. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Agreed, the movements are pot luck, send it to one of the service guys and get it repaired, if it's more than 50 bucks just do as Tom suggested. Having it serviced is better as your movement will be working AND serviced so no need to worry for at least a few years.

The new 005... Mmm petit miam... :)

Edited by subbiesrock

From where?

There are a number of sellers on the bay and i doo agree that it is the easy option by then it is still pot luck in what condition it is in i bought quite a few last december from helenarow (25+) and they were all fine after regualation and checking. If any one wants a swiss movement pm me i have a few spare.

you can get an asian 6497-2 from getat for USD 38,-

i just opened mine, which stopped working today morning.

guess what happened:

the screw, with which you can regulate the watch got loose and fell into the mainspring....

The one from the swan neck? LOL.

While regulating mine the past two days I took the swan neck completely off, because I was afraid that little wobbly screw might come loose and fall in the movement while wearing.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A real bummer for you, but now I'm glad I did it. :drinks:

Edited by Tom Hawkes

These 005K's come from the same H-Factory that builds the 177, which has the same movement & same issues.

The regulating screw on the swanneck is indeed the culprit.

The screw has threads but the swanneck is not threaded on the inside....allowing the screw to fall out.

I had this happen to mine this week.

If you remove the caseback, you will most likely find the screw bound up in the gears of the movement below the ciruclar spring of the swanneck.

I used a small jeweler's screwdriver to move the gears slightly to unbind the screw and remove it.

I left the screw out, replaced the caseback and the watch runs perfectly.