When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any other sources for vintage Daytona cases, besides DW?

JohnCocktosten

I've done the round and round game with DW for long enough. I found a cheap and good condition and fully functional gen V23 and have been tried to gather a V23 case from DW. The case he sends has the asym pushers in basically the wrong layout. The top pusher is further from the stem than the bottom. And it is by a significant and horribly obvious amount.

I've had repeated problems with not getting what I've requested having to return and resend (dials, hands, cases) in the past.

Is there any other source for reasonably priced Daytona cases (I know Phong and Natalie on the high end).

When you communicate the layout issue with DW, keep things simple & concise. DW uses translation software to communicate in English & if you get too wordy or emotional, what he reads at his end may not equate with what you meant at your end. It often helps to include a good, clear pic that demonstrates the problem.

Other than DW, I am not aware of any similarly priced Daytona cases. You can try your luck on ebay, but no guarantees there.

Yuki's 62xx cases appear to be the same as DW's. He does not post prices, but, as Alligoat said, they tend to be higher than DW's & lower than other vendors'. I also have to say that while I have seen all sorts of problems with these cases, having the pusher locations reversed (relative to the crown position) is a new 1 on me. That I have never seen & I am sure DW would exchange the case if brought to his attention. In my experience, DW is a very honorable guy & his customer service skills (as long as he understands what the problem is) are excellent.

DW has never been anything other than accomodating for returns. It's just that when you get a picture of something, you say you want exactly that, and then get something that is FUBAR, it gets frustrating. Literally, every time I order anything from him it is incorrect on the first receipt. Hands for the incorrect movement, dials that are a complete joke compared to the pics he said would be the exact dial and now this. This wasn't to disparage DW, just wondering if there are other options that don't require shelling out $1500 for a case. It appears there are no other options, so I will now get off of my horse.

When you communicate the layout issue with DW, keep things simple & concise. DW uses translation software to communicate in English & if you get too wordy or emotional, what he reads at his end may not equate with what you meant at your end. It often helps to include a good, clear pic that demonstrates the problem.

Other than DW, I am not aware of any similarly priced Daytona cases. You can try your luck on ebay, but no guarantees there.

lol,

thats true, also, depending time -local, GMT, Hong Kong...etc...- you will experiment different people with different level of English, "David" is virtual...

Edited by Rolexaddict

• 1 month later...

DW has never been anything other than accomodating for returns. It's just that when you get a picture of something, you say you want exactly that, and then get something that is FUBAR, it gets frustrating. Literally, every time I order anything from him it is incorrect on the first receipt. Hands for the incorrect movement, dials that are a complete joke compared to the pics he said would be the exact dial and now this. This wasn't to disparage DW, just wondering if there are other options that don't require shelling out $1500 for a case. It appears there are no other options, so I will now get off of my horse.

Sorry to pollute the tread but I have no responses by PM. Did the parcel (gen Insert) get back to you ? I PM yo tell you I did a mistake with shipping address (new home...) and since march I 've try to contact you. Please update

Best

Antoine

Edited by tonio_fr

Yuki's 62xx cases appear to be the same as DW's. He does not post prices, but, as Alligoat said, they tend to be higher than DW's & lower than other vendors'. I also have to say that while I have seen all sorts of problems with these cases, having the pusher locations reversed (relative to the crown position) is a new 1 on me. That I have never seen & I am sure DW would exchange the case if brought to his attention. In my experience, DW is a very honorable guy & his customer service skills (as long as he understands what the problem is) are excellent.

+1