When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bond Nato Strap

BGGodwin

After doing some research, I think I want to buy a Bond Nato strap for my Submariner. Here's the question: do I get a black and gray strap or the more "authentic" black with maroon and olive stripes? Obviously my Sub isn't the model he wore but it is what it is...

I would stick to the proper bracelet (for your Sub model). The only person I have ever seen pull-off a Sub-on-a-strap was Connery (as Bond). On everyone else (including me, pairing an appropriately too-narrow Naval strap with a Bond Sub), I think it looks a bit silly

0791.jpg

So I went back to steel, which always commands attention

003fol1.jpg

And looks better with any Sub on any wrist

0391.jpg

For the most part, I must agree with what Freddy's said. The Sub on the Corvus strap is not a good look for anyone other than Connery, so only best reserved for an accurate piece as a Bond Collectable. Black and grey NATO, on the other hand, would be a better complement for a Sub, but even then, it really is a case of 'the time and the place' for wearing one ;) Yes, I have been wearing my THC on a NATO strap lately, but that was primarily because I was having issues re-attaching the bracelet, rather than purely a matter of choice. Having persevered and got the bracelet re-fitted, I'd now only put it on the NATO in extremely hot weather. A watch on a NATO can't really be worn with anything more formal than a T-Shirt, so while great for beach/hot weather wear (and bear in mind they dry slowly :bangin: ) it wouldn't be the best look to pair with a suit and tie :D

I'm an advocator for a leather nato, that way it doesn't look like a kids watch (black/grey nato), it's comfortable, and you have more opportunities to wear it in different settings.

70359834.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

though I did enjoy the corvus strap on my LV when I had it, though it was a t-shirt/jeans thing only though.

dsc0023eo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us