When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Proplof experts - help!

blix

Will do, TX. What should I specifically be looking for concerning the clasp?

@mastrmindalliance

Thanks, mate. Although I would like your input on the CG - on the last picture you can see a small blemish/ding on top of the CG (at the edge).

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does the amplitude specify in a watch movement?

It's the angle of variation around the "neutral" for the balance wheel... It's usually around 300°. I think (but may well be wrong) that the larger the amplitude, the more stable you get and therefore the less variability you'll have in timing.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does the amplitude specify in a watch movement?

The amplitude is how much the balance swings in degrees. A general rule of thumb is that with a full wind the amplitude should be at least 260-270 degrees up to around 320-330 degrees. A low amplitude could mean a bad mainspring, a dirty and/or dry movement with high friction, a faulty movement.

Thanks guys, that's very helpful. So I guess I got lucky with the amplitude -- though, +19sec a day isn't that great. I guess a 'good' movement, or the chance that it is a decent/oiled/non-dirty movement, is more important.

I thought that reads +019 secs a day? Also, why would a dealer get a V2 watch and a V1 clasp, it would be more expensive and time consuming for them to do that, plus it would serve no purpose and benefit no one? :)

it happened to me. The dealers have the watch heads and different straps around. They assemble it for you when you buy it. For some reason I got that combination.

• 2 weeks later...