When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kello movement regulation app for iPhone

Jkay

People were commenting several months ago that they could not get the Kello watch regulation app working, and agreed it was a dud. I suggested they not try and time a watch movement through a closed case back, but I don't think anyone noticed.

My new (used) asian Fiddy was running -3 mins a day and damn if that did not suck so I opened the case back and tried out Kello on it. It worked fine. Not a tool that can replace a vibrograph, obviously but useful none the less.

I set it roughly and will re-time it in 24 hours when I see how it's gone.

post-22602-0-69593000-1301203023.jpg

Some time ago, I tried that app too... just for fun. Didn't work at all for me. I think the biggest problem is the mic of the iPhone wired headset. I also own a PC timing software and the microphone that comes with it, is in a totally different league.

I also own a PC timing software and the microphone that comes with it, is in a totally different league.

Which timing software are you using,chubbchubb? How about a quick review, I'm sure I'm not he the only one who would find that most interesting.

Cheers Milgauss.

• 4 months later...

Sorry guys. I never came back to this thread after posting and so your questions escaped me. The software I'm using is called "SecondCheck" and was distributed together with a special mic and an amp to pick up the ticking sound from the movement. The seller's website is now offline and these are not available anymore. I bought mine some years ago. The microphone uses a piezo, is build for this exact pourpose and a lot more sensitive than the iPhone's hands-free mic.

In the meantime, prices for timing machines have gone down dramatically as our replicator friends in China started building them. You can now get simple consumer versions for about the price of a nice watch rep. When I was looking for that SecondCheck website, I came across this German distributor, whose cheapest model costs 329 Euros, all in.

I read a thread a couple years ago over at WUS in their tech area. They listed a couple sites with free software and many of those guys built cheap and simple amplifiers and their own microphones out of peizo elements. Looked very interesting.