When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 005 arrived - weak life signs :(

geestyleed

Hi guys,

after a long waiting time my PAM finally arrived - such a gorgeous watch, but wait. What to with a watch that doesnt keep time and freezes after some minutes :black_eye:

My situation: I opened the CG to wind the watch(in the position the crown gets after the crownguard ist open). I winded the watch anti-clockwise for like 50 times. Than I set the time and the watch started to run. This seemed a little odd since my other automatic watches dont run as long as I am in the "timesetting".

Anyhow - when I closed everything, the watch ran for like 2-3 minutes, sometimes just seconds.

Now a gave some light slap with my palm against the caseback and it suddenly started to run. I am not sure how long the watch will run, but something seems to be wrong.

What should I do?

Since the movement isnt the most reliable on the market, I thought to switch it against a Swiss 6497 with Cotes de Geneve, medium grade..

Best Regards,

Geee

P.S.:

When I started writing this thread it was 5 p.m., now it is 5:20 p.m. and the watch is still running - lets hope and pray

• 2 weeks later...
Guest apetrills

Regardless of make or model, auto or manual, Swiss or Asian- I have never experienced a watch movement in which you would wind counter-clockwise to power up.

:drinks:

I'm fairly certain that you should not be able to wind the watch backwards, unless you bought the Asian Auto version. The manual wind should just go one way.

That is incorrect. You can wind the 6497 movement back and forth but the counterclockwise motion doesn't do anything but add wear to the sliding pinion and winding pinion.

That is incorrect. You can wind the 6497 movement back and forth but the counterclockwise motion doesn't do anything but add wear to the sliding pinion and winding pinion.

So it's not really winding anything if it doesnt do anything, is it. Learn to differentiate winding and turning.

Edited by Tom Hawkes

So it's not really winding anything if it doesnt do anything, is it. Learn to differentiate winding and turning.

Learn to not be such an a$$hole. And it is doing something it is wearing the sliding pinion and winding pinion. If you don't know what your are talking about keep your big mouth shut.

Learn to not be such an a$$hole. And it is doing something it is wearing the sliding pinion and winding pinion. If you don't know what your are talking about keep your big mouth shut.

:rofl: Wear that occurs from turning has still nothing to do with winding. Haha, man you are ridiculous.

stolikat.jpg

Edited by Tom Hawkes