When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor "Black" Heritage Chronograph Quartz

jmb

OK, just received my latest goody box from the Far East containing 34mm and 36mm watch cases, bands, hands, etc., AND two of the new quartz Heritage Chrono reps. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I ordered both "grey" and "black" dial versions with the intention of keeping the one I liked the best and putting the other up for grabs. I think I'm leading toward the black version, although both are nice combinations.

I'm not really going to write up an in-depth review as the faults and flaws have already been flogged to death so I'll just pass on a few pics.

Blk THC 1.JPG

Blk THC 2.JPG

Blk THC 3.JPG

Blk THC 4.JPG

How is it on the wrist? I've found that the dark outer track on the dial of the grey variant, makes the dial appear smaller, I was wondering if the reversal of that color-scheme equally meant that the black dial appeared larger?

Something that only came to me the other day, is how the dial is listed as 'brown' on the dealer site, then last week, I happened to be wearing a brown shirt, and I might be inclined to agree, that it is a shade of brown, which, when not viewed against brown, does look grey to the naked eye... Here's a couple of comparisons with the shirt in question...

DSCN3824.jpg

DSCN3825.jpg

Yesterday I was coming back from a business lunch at a large hotel in town, and upon departing, happen to see a Rolex AD. I thought I would duck in for a minute, as it had been several years since I had been in one. As I had just last Saturday ordered the Heritage (in Grey) from WatchEden, thought I'd see if they had a Gen...yep, both colors!

It is such a great looking watch. One thing I am noticing with the pictures on this post, is that on the GREY dial version, the darker outside perimeter ring with the orange numbers 5-10-15-20...is very BLACK, as black as the bezel. On the photo above is appears lighter in color than the bezel (could be the lighting).

The watch retailed for (after 10% discount, and 7% VAT reimbursement for tourists) approximately US$3,813, which I thought was a pretty good price for here in Bangkok. The Rolexes however were much more expensive. Manager told me that they do not display 'sport' model Rolexes because as dealers they have to purchase 7 'datejusts' or 'daydates' before they are allowed to buy a 'sport' model. They had one (1) 'SS Sub C' they kept in a vault, and it was US$9000, no discount.

Hoping my WatchEden Heritage makes it through Thai Customs (who can charge anywhere from 100 to 350% on luxury goods...a bottle of wine IS 350%...and this being a developing country, there is no consistancy to the wims of Customs...everyday is different...but the girls here are just soooo gorgeous...!)

For what it's worth...

Edited by lgking

Yesterday I was coming back from a business lunch at a large hotel in town, and upon departing, happen to see a Rolex AD. I thought I would duck in for a minute, as it had been several years since I had been in one. As I had just last Saturday ordered the Heritage (in Grey) from WatchEden, thought I'd see if they had a Gen...yep, both colors!

It is such a great looking watch. One thing I am noticing with the pictures on this post, is that on the GREY dial version, the darker outside perimeter ring with the orange numbers 5-10-15-20...is very BLACK, as black as the bezel. On the photo above is appears lighter in color than the bezel (could be the lighting).

The watch retailed for (after 10% discount, and 7% VAT reimbursement for tourists) approximately US$3,813, which I thought was a pretty good price for here in Bangkok. The Rolexes however were much more expensive. Manager told me that they do not display 'sport' model Rolexes because as dealers they have to purchase 7 'datejusts' or 'daydates' before they are allowed to buy a 'sport' model. They had one (1) 'SS Sub C' they kept in a vault, and it was US$9000, no discount.

Hoping my WatchEden Heritage makes it through Thai Customs (who can charge anywhere from 100 to 350% on luxury goods...a bottle of wine IS 350%...and this being a developing country, there is no consistancy to the wims of Customs...everyday is different...but the girls here are just soooo gorgeous...!)

For what it's worth...

The flash has definitely over-lightened the colors. The outer ring you mention, by eye, I would call Charchoal Grey, rather than black like the bezel insert. If you compare to this photo of gens, I would say that the color of the outer ring is fairly accurate, and if anything, it is the main section of the dial which is incorrect, and not a light enough grey :D

Tudor%20heritage%2001_800.jpg

Edited by TeeJay

PS If you want to wear the watch on a NATO strap, here's where I got mine from (about a 3rd of the way down the page) :) Not identical to the Tudor original, but it still makes a nice combo, and definitely good for hot weather :good::drinks:

[Edit to add]

You want the 22mm, not 20 :good:

Edited by TeeJay

do you think the release of this quartz watch hints that a automatic version is around the corner?

Interesting question... Personally, I think that if they could have done an automatic version, they would have done so, so it might be that they couldn't obtain suitable movements. There're certainly enough inaccuracies in replication that a V2.0 could improve on to make it worthwhile, but I suspect that the movement is the issue. Just my .2c though :whistling: