When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2893-2 or 2836-2 GMT will it fit josh's 1655 asian model?

cib0rgman

what about a 2893-2 real GMT this will also fit or should I be concern of the stem position?

thanks

Years ago, the GMT was available with the 2893 but people didn't jump on them due to price. I bought the four Josh had. I really, REALLY love those.

I wanted to put 2893's in some of my other GMTs so I went to the Master. According to The Zigmeister, it is not possible to put that 2893 in the cases currently available. As I recall, he mentioned the stem position as one issue, but he'd be the one to ask.

Bill

I hear you and that is why I ask, so not oll ETA have the stem in the same position, this new Josh 1655 it supposed to be made from a genuine and it can take gen parts. but I can not tell for sure.

Thanks

I hear you and that is why I ask, so not oll ETA have the stem in the same position, this new Josh 1655 it supposed to be made from a genuine and it can take gen parts. but I can not tell for sure.

Thanks

Have you considered asking him to have one made up with the 2893? He has access to a watch guy who does work for him.

The GMTs I have with the 2893 were sourced thru him.

Bill

Actually is not a bad idea. I will ask him and see what he has to say. what I am doing is turning his 1655 into a 1675, some guys have done that already here, there is no accurate base for a 1675 other than going from 1655 to 1675. I have a gen dial and the watch I purchased from Josh has an asian movement not very realiable but for 140 dollars what esle can I expect. If I use a true GMT movement the watch build will get close to $900 which is not that expensive considering that for $3000 i can get a decent Gen 1675.

Ivan

is the DG movement not sure what model, I wonder if he can source me just the case I do not want to buy another watch to finish otherwise I will have to ditch the project and let someone else deal with it.