When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM experts...Opinion if this dial is a fake?

chiman12

I think that the distance to the 6 can vary greatly from series to series , some of the Auto models 104 practically touch it.

lswwismadel.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But as txCol said it looks like a Sausage dial and I'm not sure they made 111 with LSML in sausage .the lume looks good though , but that may have been photoshoped. It may be some weird transition/ghost dial. Hard to tell, Those numerals sure do look big though

I vote fake for a whole bunch of reasons. It is always difficult to tell from pictures but a combination of the spacing on the l Swiss l text, the formation of the 6 and a very straight run on the long side, numerical thickness versus text thickness and even what is going on where the chip is. I have seen a good number of chipped dials and this one looks off in terms of what is underneath.

yeah...I was the guy that bought the dial...then looked at it further...the spacing between the 6 and the "swiss made" didn't bother me. It was the 6 itself. If it is am M series dial, the tail of the 6 should be shorter and rounder...on this dial, it looks more like a FGD pre-v 6.

In any case, the seller refunded me.

Thanks one again guys, this is why I like this forum so much!