When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm learning about movements, what is this one

redhouse246

6d949996-ad35-89e8.jpg

This is the movement in my 1950 pam127, what movement is it?

I have other pams that all have different movements, after looking online I'm pretty sure my 236 has Asian 21j, bad news for me! Do they have markings to say what they are or can you tell by what they do? If its faux chrono that means it's definately 21j? They look like the cheap ones have a plastic ring around them?

Good to see you asking questions,this is the way we learn. When I first arrived here I knew absolutely nothing about movements,nothing. Spend some time reading the great articles/tutorials from Zigmeister/Francissco and other educated members. Before you know it you will have gained great knowledge.. Mike

Ah nice one mate appreciate the time you spent helping me out, that's the bit with advance and retard for if it's fast or slow running. I'm getting it slowly, I got well cocky thinking I could just get bits and build one! As I'm learning it's way more involved, still confused when people say Swiss movement, all I ever seem to find are Asian, and I thought that 21 jewels would be better than 17, but that's not the case. It's crazy!

Ah nice one mate appreciate the time you spent helping me out, that's the bit with advance and retard for if it's fast or slow running. I'm getting it slowly, I got well cocky thinking I could just get bits and build one! As I'm learning it's way more involved, still confused when people say Swiss movement, all I ever seem to find are Asian, and I thought that 21 jewels would be better than 17, but that's not the case. It's crazy!

Trust me, It all becomes pretty clear In time. Dont feel bad,many of us were clueless when we arrived here. All I knew was that there were quartz watches and there were automatic watches,that was the extent of my knowledge. Eta this,Asian that,It was Indeed crazy at first. :Jumpy: The great thing is the Infomation here Is the best that you will find anywhere,and I do mean "anywhere". You are right,It Is "way more Involved". But after a little reading/research It all comes together,for the most part anyway. ;) Mike

I believe that is a balance [censored]. Bridges must have at least 2 screw/fixment locations, as on this Rolex

post-3175-0-13878800-1303317091.jpg

Ah thanks for clarifeing i always thought anything scrwed to a plate was called a bridge. But i have never seen a one fixed bridge in real life so it does seen logical ;)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...