When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Bad Experience With Omega Planet Ocean

t

received today my omega planet ocean 45,5 mm black steel bracelet from PT (goldcolor eta 2836-2 version)

and the watch is total [censored]... i can´t understand why all people loves this watch?

i will ask you why i not like it:

- looks cheap steel

- steel is bad brushed and have some blemish on back side

- watch is to thin (i think genuine is little bit thicker???)

- bracelet is total [censored]... first day is demaged. I must repair the stem on buckle. Wrong size 20mm not 22mm. I have other bracelet in 22mm and this looks MUCH BETTER QUALITY but will not fit :bangin:

- hands to thin

- movement holder ring is cheap, gasket also and what is that for a cheap antimagnetic cover???? On pics look so good, but in real it is :thumbdown:

i have wait 3 month!!!!! for this watch. YES 3 MONTH. PT has not on stock and first watch comes in 42,5mm (looks better than 45,5 mm Version) but i have order 45,5mm. So i have refund watch and wait and wait and wait again :whistling:

BTW, i think the problem is not on PT. He is a good dealer. He not build this watches, and i think all watches from all dealers are the same.

friends... let me know why you like this watch so much? I can´t understand it :black_eye:

Edited by tourbillon1801

The 45/20 (45mm case, 20mm lug space) ETA movement Planet Ocean isn't a good watch. I've been critical of it in the past and don't really understand where the impression is coming from that it is worthy.

The case and caseback used are the same as that of the first (and so far only) generation 45mm Asian mvoement PO rep. The dial quality is inferior to the Asian rep. The strap is of course incorrect.

The fact that it sells for almost twice the price as the Asian has always made the ETA one a poor value choice IMHO.

The 45/22 is an improvement in many ways (it comes with the better 22mm strap you describe, it is thicker - probably too thick as it uses the caseback of the 7750 chrono PO) but suffers from having the short hands of the 42mm rep.

sorry friends... no pics at the moment. But i think i will it give away :black_eye:

i have paid 130GBP to PT (nearly 250-260$) for this bad experience... NEVER AGAIN

some friends here tell me that this is the older model and new models with 22mm lugs are better?

I have no idea how deep the watch should be and no way of measuring what I've got.

I've handled the real PO though and I didn't really notice any difference in depth. But even if it's a couple of mm too shallow I doubt anyone would ever notice without putting the two next to each other, it would never be spotted when looked at by itself.

I love it, I think it's a great watch.

Easy solution......buy genuine......remember...you can only pee with the pecker you have....!

EDIT: Please remove...posted in error.. man, i am really having a bad day.

Easy solution......buy genuine......remember...you can only pee with the pecker you have....!

i know that replica is a replica and only genuine is genuine

but i know it exist better replicas... why i will purchase a bad version of this replica?

i don´t wont a perfect watch... perfect is only the genuine... but i will the best replica... and this is definitive not the best version.

I think your PO is much better TTK :bleh:

Edited by tourbillon1801

The 42.5mm ETA rep is a top class piece, no doubt.

The 42.5 is nice, except the clasp is a total POS and kept me from wearing it... was always afraid the divers extension would pop out and it didn't close 100%. All around the clasp just sucked (but the engraving was good). Maybe I'm a little critical cause I've owned gen smp's and the clasp on gen is excellent. I waited a long time to get the PO and then sold it within a month.

• 1 month later...

latest version from joshua is great! here is a comparison with my gen orange 45.5mm. omega logo is wrong but besides that....joshua is sending an improved dial they are working out now! 22mm lugs, great quality to the gen. you cannot tell the hands are slightly shorter maybe 1mm unless you stare at both very close. the old one you got was junk.....i agree 100%

148112-15304.jpg

148112-15305.jpg

148112-15306.jpg

148112-15307.jpg

gen caseback

148112-15308.jpg

rep caseback

148112-15309.jpg

A/R shot!

148112-15310.jpg

look mom... no gaps in the bracelet :thumbsupsmileyanim: sits on wrist like gen..

148112-15311.jpg

148112-15312.jpg

genuine omega 2500 movement (ETA 2892 modified with coaxial escapement)

148112-15313.jpg

148112-15314.jpg

genuine antimagnetic cover

148112-15315.jpg

rep antimagnetic cover

148112-15316.jpg

148112-15317.jpg

WE WANT 22mm RUBBER STRAP. WE WANT 22mm RUBBER STRAP. WE WANT 22mm RUBBER STRAP. WE WANT 22mm RUBBER STRAP. WE WANT 22mm RUBBER STRAP.

(repeat until someone listens...)

my only response to that is.........i want 22mm rubber strap .i want 22mm rubber strap .i want 22mm rubber strap .i want 22mm rubber strap .i want 22mm rubber strap

• 3 weeks later...