When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Long Time Coming - New AP Franken

What about the caseback? Any modifications? I'm considering shaving mine because it's a big tell.

It's not a problem if you have the LWO movement.

If you have the a7750 movement you will run into the problem that the rotor will rub the inside of the caseback.

It's not a problem if you have the LWO movement.

If you have the a7750 movement you will run into the problem that the rotor will rub the inside of the caseback.

Very important point. Let's face it, if the manufacturers could save on the amount of metal used for the case back.... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally settled on a long term strap. Went with the AP Bands rubberized croc and their buckle. The buckle is so much more comfortable than the deployant as I prefer the long straps on my wrist. Still need to do some fitting of the strap endlinks but you get the picture.

DSCN1730.jpg

DSCN1739.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty freaking sweet, buddy. Got me drooling!

I know how long the path was to get to this point... And a watch of this amazing quality is well deserved. You've definitely got a fantastic work of art here.

The man, the myth, the legend. Glad to see you got a little free time. I know how busy you have been. By the way the Daytona is on my wrist as I write this. This is the first different watch I have put on since putting a strap on the AP. The PAM's are starting to gather dust so it is time to start wearing those as well. As you know I got one more one-off AP coming in a couple of weeks. Who knows perhaps there is an AP in your future. ;)

• 2 weeks later...