When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is "Perfect Clones" a perfect clone of "Trusty Time"?

tlaias

Forgive my ignorance, folks. I'm brand new to this hobby. I've been investigating two sites that are recommended by members: Trusty Time and Perfect Clones. Are they actually separate sites? They seem to me to be the same in many respects. Can someone enlighten me?

Not a fan of PC, very hard to deal with when I had issues with 2 watches purchased from him.

Very sorry to hear this, but most reps are drop-shipped & the seller has no control over problems. All he can do is fix or replace a defective watch. If you explain the problem clearly, I am certain that Josh (Perfect Clones) will do his best to correct it.

Very sorry to hear this, but most reps are drop-shipped & the seller has no control over problems. All he can do is fix or replace a defective watch. If you explain the problem clearly, I am certain that Josh (Perfect Clones) will do his best to correct it.

I have only bought a hundred or so from Josh - ditto.

Bill

If you buy enough reps, sooner or later you will have a problem, even with Josh. I bought enough (less than a Hundred!) and finally had a problem. A couple of emails later watch went back and was returned EMS problem free. So I have bought more from Josh and will continue to do so.

Other "trusted dealers" here have not done so well for me. But the big secret is to read the reviews here posted for the dealers and the hints are pretty clear as to who solves problems and who just kicks them down the road.

• 1 year later...

hey Guys,

i am surely can confirm of the Trustytime clones. i have got an advice from my firiend are who bought some wathces from them.i bought already som Rolex models which are ujbelievable quality (swiss ETA). Also they are replying to you immediatly, even you 10-15 questions. they have also shipment to Italy thru the UK to avoid the customes problems

I've been quite selective and have only bought a few reps, but all from Joshua. My Ebel 1911 Panda had a screw missing where the end link attaches to the case. I sent Joshua an email and he asked for a photo of the area in question. His reply was to say that replacement screw was in the post. A few days later I got a small package with the complete set of 4 screws FOC, I won't go anywhere else.

• 2 months later...

Andrew and Joshua are age old friends who support each other and offer mostly the same goods, with the same prices.

They are both good, decent chaps.

I've NOT become a fan that's for sure.

I bought a watch on a bracelet that really can't be switched to a strap. Thus watch was not bought from Perfect Clones by me but by another RWG member only 5 months ago. when I tried to resize the bracelet I found the screws could come out but absolutely would not thread back in correctly on two links. I had the original buyer ask for assistance getting replacement links as without them the watch isn't wearable.

First, Joshua asked for photos. I sent them. then His reply was "It's hard to get parts these days. Take it to a local watch smith and let them fix it." If youre going to not be helpful why ask for photos? Maybe I'm expecting too much here, but I thuink if I'm a good dealer if I sell a watch and in a relatively short time it comes up that the watch I sold has defects, knowing original parts from an AD are not an option I'd not just tell the owner of my watch...sorry buddy I only sell the watches ...good or bad...your on your own from here.

Thankfully I found a watch smith that can fix it at some expense... But without much help or apparent care from Joshua or Perfect Clones. I'll try and buy from dealers with some after service...not PC.