When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 -13 Solid Gold

Pentax1

I would like to know if any one has any pictures of a IWC 3717 case(with out the Parts) I want to see if I can maybe make a copy of it in Solid 18K rose Gold,I plan to 3D scan and then Cast a mold and all excess parts shaved off by a CNC router final finish by my trusted jeweler and Fitted with Concepta Original Parts

I already have another project in Process making a Rolex 16610 Solid Gold case :)

Any help would kindly be appreciated

Thanks

Pentax

What are your cad skills like? Let me know if you need help, I am a cad pro.

My Cad Skills are Null, But I have a company that I have spoken to that will do all the Scanning and molding, its then up to me to Find someone that will do the Laser Marking and etching or Routing of the Brand name. ;)

Of which I have already found a guy that can do it for me :)

Do you have a door to a 3D Scanner ??

I think you would be better off using a digitizer and a set of calipers, a height guage, then model it in CAD. The digitizer would make it faster/easier, but is not necessary.

Just make sure your CAD file is compatible with the CNC.

Good Luck!

In my experience the 3d scans are not that smooth and there's lots of work needed cad wise to make it work.

Best of luck to you, let me know if you need any help.

Thanks as I have been informed by the guy who will do the 3D scanning our problem though is as we want to make a wax mold we are not sure should we make it bigger or smaller so that the result will be 1:1

Talking in terms of Microns

Bigger of course ... a lot bigger!

In a mold this small you will have at least 4% shrinking during cool down period and I highly recommend to produce a case with at leas 0.5mm grinding allowance. You won't get sharp edges out of the mold and you need a sufficient grinding allowance to give the case a real 1:1 shape.

You using a CNC milling machine?

I would do an exact 1:1 cad model, then take that model and make a moulding model with shrinkage allowance + machining allowance.

And when you machine it, leave some allowance for polishing too.

I believe the gen would just be cut from a solid piece.

As it's gold..... Melt down the swarf !