When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please stop me from buying this watch....

MusicBiz

I need to be talked off the ledge here....

I found a Maurice Lacroix Retrograde Luna, 43mm, white/silver, black croc on ebay... that I am dead set on purchasing. The watch belongs to the owner of a pawn shop - yeah I know, but I love evaluating odd sales like this and taking the plunge - Moonphase, retrograde and power reserve in one!

http://www.prestigetime.com/images/watches/mp7078-ss001-120_main.jpg

I have a Montblanc Meisterstuck Chrono in my watch box that hasn't seen ANY wrist time. An extremely well finished watch, that much like the Lacroix, looks much more expensive than its market price. The Blancs' value has gone up since I purchased it and I think I could get approx. 1K for it now. So this would be a purchase before sale. Sigh.

I'm having second thoughts (but fleeting and not strong enough) about purchasing a hand wound dress watch. It won't be a daily wearer and I doubt I'll be boosting it every 40hrs. Every time I put it on would entail me setting and winding.

The big problem I'd have, is all the people seeing it in my wirstwondering if I was gay.

Bill

We dont need to see your wrist watch to know that mate.... ;)

LOL -- I'm right in the middle of that fire in the news - I needed a good laugh!

Evac has been ordered but I am not going anywhere - they can't make you. My house is paid for so I'm self insured . . . no options.

Bill

Bill - I understand where you are coming from, but be careful & stay safe, my friend. :good:

Bill - I understand where you are coming from, but be careful & stay safe, my friend. :good:

It's interesting - the cops act like they have the authority to order you out until you make it clear you aren't leaving. I just closed my gate - they cannot do a thing.

OTOH, they have no responsibility to you either if things go bad.

Bill

Rather harsh, Bill, I was just gonna say it was the fugliest watch I'd ever seen... :rofl:

Hope you can hold the fire off, make sure you have somewhere to hide or a "back-door" in case things get nasty... :Jumpy:

Alright, I'll be that guy:

I like Maurice Lacroix. I like the fact that they make their movements in house, and I like that they're finding a niche in the luxury market and their prices are still reasonable (especially when you can find a good deal second-hand on fleabay and the like).

BUT!

That watch is ugly.

Love,

Jeremy

:pardon:

It's interesting - the cops act like they have the authority to order you out until you make it clear you aren't leaving. I just closed my gate - they cannot do a thing.

OTOH, they have no responsibility to you either if things go bad.

Bill

Keep checking in mate..... if you can....

Take care :)

Rather harsh, Bill, I was just gonna say it was the fugliest watch I'd ever seen... :rofl:

Hope you can hold the fire off, make sure you have somewhere to hide or a "back-door" in case things get nasty... :Jumpy:

Well, given a reasonable amount of quinine for malaria and lime for scurvey (with the gin necessary to make the recipe work), the dog and I can pile into my 4wd Suburban and get anywhere we need to go! That's Chevy's version of a tank!

In all seriousness, the winds have subsided and there is rain in the forecast so I think things will be OK.

We sure had a lot of acreage burn up here. Yesterday, there was some everywhere I could see from my house.

Bill

hahahah, these are great 'efn replies. Got a good laugh out of them. :thumbsupsmileyanim: You know watch tastes are highly subjective but even so, I thought this one was a universally acceptable version of a retrograde.

For example, you'd have to pay me to wear any of the Audemars Piguet royal oaks. I know some of you are X'ing this window right now or laughing but you want fugly...take your pick any of the roo's...

I have good taste I do, I swear. Admittedly, I possessed no taste when I picked up the 'blanc but since then I've developed it a bit. I'm not really into fashion or dress watches but this one fits the bill at a decent price and I wanted something from that category in the stable as all I have are aviation oriented pieces. It's not supposed to be structured like my IWC, Glashutte or Thommen. I did notice yesterday that the double retrograde comes with a very nicely finished gullioche (spelling?) face... whereas this one is just flat. There is also a semi skeleton version with big date at 12' and roman numerals.

It ended up going for five hundred more than I thought it would. I did not buy. Surprisingly people weren't deterred by lack of box and paper and shady seller.

Edited by MusicBiz

hahahah, these are great 'efn replies. Got a good laugh out of them. :thumbsupsmileyanim: You know watch tastes are highly subjective but even so, I thought this one was a universally acceptable version of a retrograde.

For example, you'd have to pay me to wear any of the Audemars Piguet royal oaks. I know some of you are X'ing this window right now or laughing but you want fugly...take your pick any of the roo's...

I have good taste I do, I swear. Admittedly, I possessed no taste when I picked up the 'blanc but since then I've developed it a bit. I'm not really into fashion or dress watches but this one fits the bill at a decent price and I wanted something from that category in the stable as all I have are aviation oriented pieces. It's not supposed to be structured like my IWC, Glashutte or Thommen. I did notice yesterday that the double retrograde comes with a very nicely finished gullioche (spelling?) face... whereas this one is just flat. There is also a semi skeleton version with big date at 12' and roman numerals.

It ended up going for five hundred more than I thought it would. I did not buy. Surprisingly people weren't deterred by lack of box and paper and shady seller.

u just said AP are fugly??

did u really say that.....

well taste is not something u can possess or learn, its something you born wtih, imo ;-)