When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PO loses time after wearing all day, newbie help

Hey, I am a newbie. I have a Omega PO swiss 2836 and it has been working great. All of a sudden, when I wear it all day and take it off at night it loses time around 2:00 am. It keeps fine time when I am wearing it. it seems to keep time for about 5-6 hours after I take it off.

I tried winding it 20-30 spins and still have the same result.

I am not sure what to do. The dealer offered to take it back and "Run some tests" but it will cost me $25 to send it to china. He said if it is broke, he will send it to the manufactor and there will be costs with doing that.

Any advice?

Hey, I am a newbie. I have a Omega PO swiss 2836 and it has been working great. All of a sudden, when I wear it all day and take it off at night it loses time around 2:00 am. It keeps fine time when I am wearing it. it seems to keep time for about 5-6 hours after I take it off.

I tried winding it 20-30 spins and still have the same result.

I am not sure what to do. The dealer offered to take it back and "Run some tests" but it will cost me $25 to send it to china. He said if it is broke, he will send it to the manufactor and there will be costs with doing that.

Any advice?

Have the watch professionally serviced.

ANYONE in the biz can servie a Swiss ETA 2836

Bill

Sending the watch back to China is not the right choice unless something is seriously physically wrong with the watch, or you have the wrong watch entirely.

Get it serviced, and you'll be a happy camper again.