When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen rollie movement issues

craigb

evening all. i picked up two gen rollies the other day for an extremely good deal. :thumbsupsmileyanim: ill add some pics asap. i got a 15210 s series date. little scratched up but i can sort that.plus it came with a spare dial and hands...can see a franken coming on :whistling: . and i got a 15200 d series date in mint condition still with the protective wrapping on.but the newer one has stopped working. took it into a shop local to me so he can have a look. his words were. one of your jewels must of fell out! please correct me here but im sure the jewels do not just fall out??? is he trying it on or what? thanks

Edited by craigb

the watch has never been serviced, when it stopped thats the reason i put it in a shop to get a service. i didnt think they could just fall out either, maybe ill just send it to rsc. thanks for clearing that up freddy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On an older Rolex Date, 1570 movement, my watchmaker said the axle jewel was cracked and he had to replace it. But it's a 35 year old movement. On a newer 3135, you would think the jewel wouldn't just fall out unless it was hit pretty hard.

I'd be careful going to the RSC, it'll probably run around $500+. Any decent watchmaker should be able to service it and replace the jewel for $250-300!