When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nice Replacement Plex's for DW daytonas

ebzen02

Thanks guys.. I busted a Clark trying to fit it..lol good thing they are cheap! The plexi is too thick so when I to fit it to the inner part and then try to put the bezel over it it just doesn't fit. I will try another.

I will wait for you fxrandy.

You're trying to squeeze a 30.6mm crystal into a 30.3mm bezel. It's not going to happen--not with any Tropic 21 on the market. I've used a Sternkreuz, Clark, J&K, and genuine Rolex. I will confirm that none of them fits in an unmodified DW bezel.

Either you trim the inside of the bezel, or you sand the outside of the crystal. Maybe a bit of each.

Andy: I think Freddy mentioned in the past that he had received a DW bezel that took a genuine Tropic 21 without needing any modifications. Maybe you got a similar one? All I know is that all of the bezels I've received from DW (I think it's five now!) had too narrow an inner diameter.

ebzen02: If you want the modern, angled T21, J&K is the only option I know of. For the older, domed crystal, I'll give Sternkreuz a slight edge over Clark. You can get SKs from Ofrei.