When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new DW 6239 aging now

ebzen02

I have a similar build in progress. You may want to simply opt for a gen crown and tube. I picked up a GEN crown/tube off eBay for $55.00. Just make sure it is not a tube/crown for 5.3-to-6mm version.

Added some water stains to the dial..With the help of some diluted acrylic paints. Toned down the white so it doesn't look that new. I kinda like the big spot on sound the 2 mark were the indicator fell off..might jut leave it the way it is not glue it back on..

5720634909_79335fd1a5_b.jpg

Like it :)

I will see you next week and will bring some straps to play around (I think I also have a T21 from J&K).

Op...Looking really good! I like the way your aging the dial! I really look forward to seeing your watch completed.

Donerix...I have been meaning to ask about the actual Newman Fat strap. Do you know the size or make one? I have seen more modern versions, but I like the simple one he wore.

The bezel went through some repeated rounds of course grit buffying and repolishing. I actually burned it and then buffed it and repolished..I will polished a bit more when I get ready to put it together. I don't want a beat up look, but an age appropriate taken care of kinda of look.

@E you would save me some shipping and wait times brother! Bringing da cash with me..lol! The perks of living in Miami!