When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ingenieur Removing Links

I bought an IWC Ingenieur and need to remove a half link,

I got these little tools with it like a little punch tool,

do I just tap the pins out with them, and do they come out a certain way.

thanks in advance

Those tools are junk. Mine actually bent so I threw them away. You need to use something that is hardened steel as these pins are set in there pretty well.

Those tools are junk. Mine actually bent so I threw them away. You need to use something that is hardened steel as these pins are set in there pretty well.

In fairness, some of those tools are junk!

Some also work extremely well, its just a matter of sorting out whats good and whats not.... or maybe working out which is the replica tool, and which is the genuine :D

See this link for info.

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSchool/WS...20Bracelets.htm

I have the tool shown in this link, it works extremely well, and came with spare hardened tips ( which I have not yet had to use)

Offshore

I have the little tools and they worked no worries.

You use one to push the button on the underside of the links (look like little circles) then while that one is depressed use the other tool to push the pin from the side, It will slide straight out.

The ING's rock! B)

Bazz,

That sounds like a different system, to anything I have seen. ( Not that I am any expert)

Is it possible to post a couple of photos?

Sound like you need to depress a ??ball?? or button?? on the underside of the bracelet, to remove the pin??

Or is it a plate set up like the Casio described in my link from PMWF?

Offshore

I have the little tools and they worked no worries.

You use one to push the button on the underside of the links (look like little circles) then while that one is depressed use the other tool to push the pin from the side, It will slide straight out.

The ING's rock! B)

Oh.... I got mine to slide partially out doing that, but then I had to tap with a hammer to get the rest of the way out. And in doing so the little tool bent. So it is now in the trash.

Here is a quick pic of mine

132192-18937.jpg

The pin has a notch in the middle that holds it in, as you press the button it will be released.

You can see on the link the button that needs to be depressed, you then push the pin from the side. The tool will not push it all the way through, so I pull it the rest of the way out with my fingers (while button is still down).

Thats pretty much it, I have to say it is quite a good system, better than the omega and rollies set ups.

OK, let me preface by saying that I am not trying to be a snob or a smartass here, as I am as much the noob on some things as others are on other things. Also, let me say that if Eddie Lee had not been thoughtfull enough to tell me how to do this, I'd likely have had issues with the pins.

OK....that being said....I would love to have been a fly on the wall watching you guys pound away on these bracelets and pin tools. What a scream.

Yeah, just like the picture above...there is a little spring loaded button on the backside of the little rectangular midlink...you use one tool to hold that spring loaded button down and use the other tool to push the pins out. It requires hardly any force at all, but can be awkward depending on your level of manual dexterity.

Here is a quick pic of mine

132282-18914.jpg

The pin has a notch in the middle that holds it in, as you press the button it will be released.

You can see on the link the button that needs to be depressed, you then push the pin from the side. The tool will not push it all the way through, so I pull it the rest of the way out with my fingers (while button is still down).

Thats pretty much it, I have to say it is quite a good system, better than the omega and rollies set ups.

Good pic Bazz. I must have done something wrong.

I couldnt wait for the answer so I tapped them out with one of the tools, and bent it ,

first pin came out quite easy but second one was a pain I ended up using my pin removing tool .

didnt ralise there wa a thing to press in the middle of the link, any way its done and theres no damage ,

I only took a half link out.

thanks

I think that IWC use this system for all their bracelets, and Pugwash's tutorial is pretty straightforward. As it is, you don't even need that tutorial to figure it out but it's great none-the-less :thumbsupsmileyanim: