When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Planet Ocean Seamster - black face white numerals

testhm

Hello all,

I would like to share the first pics of my new Planet Ocean Seamster with you which arrived yesterday. Think it is a very nice looking watch and I am verry happy with the quality. It is the 42mm version with double AR.

I think there are some different versions, pleace compare the distance between Omega logo and Omega lettering, there are mostly very close to ech other. My version with a higher distance is mutch closer to gen, isnt't it?

Discussions and comments are welcome! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sorry for the dust on the watch.

Is it true that there is no way not to handwind this watch when setting time/date?

If there is one, please give me a discription.

Best wiches.

om1b.jpg

om2uc.jpg

om3hh.jpg

om4.jpg

om5q.jpg

om6a.jpg

om7d.jpg

om8.jpg

om9lo.jpg

That looks great, thanks for the pics, that's what I was on about in a thread below, I think these look much better than the first edition versions of the 5th gen where the logo is right on top of the lettering. My question is where did you get it? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would say not to worry about where the logo is, it looks better where it is positioned on these new ones out of the box, and so does the pearl, even if not entirely identical to gen. The real issue with the reps is the lume compared to gen. So if you want it to be more genlike then new dial/hands are a must. But in fairness this is probably the best we can get on logos and pearls from the factories.

I would say not to worry about where the logo is, it looks better where it is positioned on these new ones out of the box, and so does the pearl, even if not entirely identical to gen. The real issue with the reps is the lume compared to gen. So if you want it to be more genlike then new dial/hands are a must. But in fairness this is probably the best we can get on logos and pearls from the factories.

Heres my lume shot from a gen dial :

lume.jpg

That looks great zorg, is that franken just with gen dial/hands and bezel?, you didn't change the crystal or anything else? Looks excellent!

I can't see the He valve, but the crown and crystal looks gen aswell from the main pic above??

Edited by cougar1

That looks great zorg, is that franken just with gen dial/hands and bezel?, you didn't change the crystal or anything else? Looks excellent!

I can't see the He valve, but the crown and crystal looks gen aswell from the main pic above??

Hi,

Yes Gen Crown, Tube , HE Valve, Crystal, Hands, Dial :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does the dial markers and hands in yours, look a little green-yellow when exposed to much sunlight??

talaipwrei,

i checked this today. Yes it seams that there is a litte bit of yellow in the green markers color.

I would discribe it as light-green.