When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recommendations on a Patek Philippe

Been looking at these watches for a while and feel that PP is one that I need to add to my collection. Before I joined this forum, I couldn't for the life of me understand why anyone would spend *good money* on one of these. I felt the same way about PAMs. Let's just say that PPs have grown on me A LOT! I also like the fact that PP appears to be underrated in the rep world. I'd like to join the handful of gentlemen with exquisite taste in timepieces. The only criteria is that it be a really good rep.

:pimp:

Nautilus :thumbsupsmileyanim: ...because size matters...besides its the best looking 80s watch ever made (but I bet Nanug may claim he has a better suggestion)

I own both of these watches.

The Nautilus is the nicest rep I own. Period.

The Aquanaut is one of my favorite daily beaters.

The rubber strap makes it a super comfortable everyday piece.

The new 2010 ss strap on the Aquanaut turns this dive watch into another look, and adds to its beauty.

The Nautilus IS THE CLASSIC wrist watch of a lifetime.

In a rep...get both. Cannot go wrong.

GENTA designs rule!!!!

I own both of these watches.

The Nautilus is the nicest rep I own. Period.

The Aquanaut is one of my favorite daily beaters.

The rubber strap makes it a super comfortable everyday piece.

The new 2010 ss strap on the Aquanaut turns this dive watch into another look, and adds to its beauty.

The Nautilus IS THE CLASSIC wrist watch of a lifetime.

In a rep...get both. Cannot go wrong.

GENTA designs rule!!!!

I was afraid someone would tell me to get both. *sigh*

I have to resist that urge. I have a newly acquired 6 Watch Box and a single watch winder. In fact, I'm cancelling my PAM318 order and replacing it with a PP. And no--the solution is NOT getting a larger Watch Box.

:pimp:

Some versions did ..but the new 1:1 ones are supposed not to (as far as I know) :g:

anyhow....marker problem at 12 so do not buy :drinks:

As the new rotor is an improvement on the display back the, answer should be yes. But it all depends on what has been asked for (some would even prefer the closed vack so the movment is not visible)

This is probably the chinese clone of the MBK Nautilus. The main differences from the 1:1 cartel version is the date wheel font. date window location (too far from edge of dial), and the solid caseback. I believe this particular replica is also available in a variety of movements. Which movement did you choose, and what price have you been quoted for it?

• 2 weeks later...

I just orderd this one + the black leather strap with deployment :)

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_199&products_id=7331

Cant wait for the qc picd from mr Andrew :)

Wow! I like it a lot. I am waiting for something very similar from Mary but on a SS bracelet

eb76b6f61b1ed3f4aa6400f49ac01747.image.800x532.jpg

Gunnar :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Wow! I like it a lot. I am waiting for something very similar from Mary but on a SS bracelet

eb76b6f61b1ed3f4aa6400f49ac01747.image.800x532.jpg

Gunnar :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now pleas do tell what your waiting for Dr Gran :D

Mine will come with both ss band and leather strap ;)

Ps. How are does floods going? Hurd Norway hade some spring floods problems :( the force of nature is somthing we can't do anything about!

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

We will have no problems surviving the floods...lots of moutains to hide in :drinks: but thanks for the concern

We are getting the exact same watch (the so called 1:1 with grey dial..the icy blue is just not for me my wife tells me even if its the more genuine looking)

If you are also getting the leather starp you qare smarter than me that just got the SS bracelett

The gray dial is found on the white gold version 5711G so the strap is the more accurate for the one we have ordered (however the caseback on the white gold should have 750 and other gold marks stamped on the caseback that are missing on the rep being a SS)

This is more or less what mine looks like with a bad camera:

img3164y.jpg

Nice Dr Gran.

So what do you meen icy blue? Did you order another version of the grey dial?

I presume I will be the same dark grey dial you are getting (icy blue refers to the standard dial used), but I think ther is a light grey and a darker grey dial versions out there or maybe it varies greatly with the angle of the light