When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bikes (the Pedal Kind) And Watches

speedy1

I live on the North Shore so I do a ton of Down Hill/ Free Ride in the best place in the world.

But DAMN that is a fine BMC carbon = yummy!!

When I lived up Bothel washington I used to do a schit-load of freeriding. Possibly the kind of riding I miss the most.

I had a Disco Volante that Jan Karpiel welded himself. I miss that bike but it would teh suck in Tx.

But I still find it hard not to try and huck off of stuff...... hence the 5 inches of travel on the Titus.

Edited by speedy1

Guest chronomat123

my ride's got 4 wheels

gravity hypercarve...deck has a rastafari theme to it (from way back in my undergraduate days.... life was different then, lol)

132424-18881.jpg

also have a cool 27" gravity minilongboard with fullsize trucks... anyone else here bomb hills?

funny story, we were out longboarding on the UF campus last summer, and believe it or not north central florida has some serious hills: buddy got chased down by the University Police Department (campus cops, LOL!) and the cop almost ticketed him for reaching ~30 mph on a skateboard. Campus speed limit is 20.

as for bikes... i love beachcruisers....most of my buddies here in Gainesville have 'em... mine was stolen on campus a few months back.... oh well...

That Titus has some sick bling on it. The Chris King comps are awesome. Where r u in TX? I have a friend who lives in TX and is a free rider. (Perhaps pm).

The Karpeil is sick too. Hand welded - nice.

I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. We are starting to build some descent stunts at area trails but damn, NOTHING to the scale of northshore. But we do have some descent gnarly trails and rock gardens with 1 meter of so constant drop offs so a big 130mm-140mm travel trail bike like the Titus can be put to good use.

But we have some hell-acious urban assualt if you travle to to downtown and university campus areas! And THAT is where the Disco got used around here mostly.

@ the gravity rider

You have balls that clank to ride one of those damn boards at the speeds you do downhills. I have some buds over on the coast that live for that sort of game but not enough hills in Tx.

That is t3h nutzor :D

I would love to give that a try but all I need is to try and justify one MORE toy in my arsenal.