When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My head is gonna explode. Wife says I have to sell one hobby to fund my new one.

kdspiv

I have to vent!!!!!!

So now I find myself in love with watches again. But I am the type to only own and wear one or two at a time.

The wife sees this new love and puts her beautiful foot down! And I mean where I KNOW she isn't playing about cutting off my "priviliges to the kingdom" serious type of putting her foot down.

I can only buy new watches if I sell or trade some of my audio equipment for them.

This sounds fair to me (at first)......

I select a nice piece of vintage McIntosh gear to part with. I have two of them and it worth $1500-$1800 (depending on tube set) which is perfect to buy a couple of pretty nice rep watches or build a pretty darn good franken right?

Ok, cool. But then I dont want to sell it off and not have an idea as to what I want to build! So I start trying to decide (and the "FUN" now begins)

-How about a vintage Daytona? = I am going to have to use fleabay to find a V72 and then buy a case from DW and a dial from Yuki and finally try and make everything fit. In the end I have a stunning watch that I am going to be afraid to use as a beater due to the plastic crystal and probably older movement. Hmmm, back buner for now I guess. But this is such favorite watch and one I have lusted after for a long time.

-Oooo. What about a newer Daytona? = Lets see here, the seconds at 6 version is as reliable as me ex-wife (it has a tendancy to explode just like she did). And the seconds at 9 would be MUCH better! YAY! Oh wait, this project would kick my budget in the balls more than a couple of time just buying an El Primero movment sooooo.. scratch that idea no matter how spectacular this watch would be to own.

-I have a new favorite watch these days = Alrighty, so lets build a swiss ETA 7753 Panerai 196 or even better, a 188! Easy right? Wrong. The new ones have a bad case or this dealers case is ok but the date is wrong and the cg sucks or yada yada. So I need one of the first versions of these released all those years ago! Wrong hands and wrong datewheel. But, I can live with that (hopefully), that is IF I can even FIND some one selling one. This is a definite maybe since I love the watch and maybe have enough left over to buy a yachmaster.

-Wait! I CANT forget the all time greatest replica grail, the Submariner. MY all time most bestest favoritest watch. Okaaaay, welllll, Watchmaker9 no longer exist so the two tone is not going to happen for sure. Wait, Watchmaker9 no longer exist so that means the Taiwans best is all that is available for all stainless too. This is available through BK and the cheapest option so far. And I can wear it everyday without worry.

Perfect!

I call to my wife "Honey I think I am going to buy a submariner with the money I get from my sale. Then I can use the left over funds to start a project watch!" To which she replies "Wait...you're selling it and not trading? Well that is different! You get to buy ONE watch and then any left over funds goes to my redoing the baby's room! I decided I didnt like the furniture we bought. And I am going to take it back and replace it with that MUCH prettier and MUCH more expensive furniture set we looked at."

See? Head explosion in 5...4...3...2.........

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Quick phone pic of her.

045du.jpg

I am not sure, but I THINK I should probably hang on to this one. :D

Hmm, i still say keep the baby and trade the wife. This way she will see that its not funny!!!

Hahahaha, just joking m8, keep her close to you ;) always!!!

Does she cook and clean? If she does, hang onto her, they're a dying breed... You have no idea the girls today, all they think about is 'me me me' :)

How are the grls in your area Zeleni? ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Does she cook and clean? If she does, hang onto her, they're a dying breed... You have no idea the girls today, all they think about is 'me me me' :)

How are the grls in your area Zeleni? ;)

Sub m8, there is onely two girls in my life (area) one is cooking, cleaning, washing and makes me very very happy and lucky (my wife) the other one is making my heart laugh and cry of happines everytime i come home from work and i dont let her out of my sight until she falls asleep at night (my doughter)... Im a very proud and happy f@ck!!!

Guest zeleni kukuruz

She said "TRADE"?

How about trading her for this one:

GirlwithSub.jpg

Even comes with a Submariner on her - sounds like a 2for1 deal to me :)

I think mr D nailed it with this post :D

In case you can;t go through with my first suggestion, I could also offer you my GF (not necessarily as a trade, more as an alternative):

She will let you have as many watches as you want, you just have to make sure there is constant supply of marsh mellows:)

fat-black-woman-1.jpg

Quick phone pic of her.

045du.jpg

I am not sure, but I THINK I should probably hang on to this one. :D

Good idea :thumbsupsmileyanim: anyhow you cant realy [censored] the watches....

Guest zeleni kukuruz

In case you can;t go through with my first suggestion, I could also offer you my GF (not necessarily as a trade, more as an alternative):

She will let you have as many watches as you want, you just have to make sure there is constant supply of marsh mellows:)

fat-black-woman-1.jpg

NASTY!!!!

How important is 100% perfect accuracy in the watch to you? If it's not, just buy a budget Submariner. That'll leave you the spare cash to keep the wife happy and hopefully make a start on your project watch :good::drinks:

Do NOT sell vintage McIntosh gear for reps!

Save up some cash on the side and just take your time. While you are saving cash and building a fund for that, you can use the time to research and study what you want to build..do it right the first time.

You can always get rep watches, but vintage McIntosh gear is hard to come by and might be impossible to afford in the future...... you will regret it!

Cute wife btw...where in Texas are you?

:whistling:

fat-black-woman-1.jpg

I think I just vomited in my mouth a little.

Sratch that...........a LOT!

@chronoluvvv

As far as turning in my man card..

She has been super understanding of all my hobbies.

She goes with me to Gun shows and is a good sport about it.

dsc100111.jpg

She doesnt b1tch tooo much when I over fill the listening room and speakers spill into the living areas

dsc10102.jpg

And will even pose with some of it.

gracebw1111.jpg

So, if I have to part with one of the two of these I have to keep her happy, I will do it happily.

20110531082035481.jpg

But I STILL want the best bang for my buck and cant decide which way to go!

don't sell the McIntosh!!

DO NOT SELL IT DUDE!

because......IF EVER SHE gets too loud, anoying, complicated, asking too much, you can still turn the music on, and you won't hear her anymore....

:bicycle:

the rep won't do that....

Edited by whoever