When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD: which version is it?

prdubis

This is a v3 noobfactory dssd produced during the "bad 10" era, two years ago. The bezel insert was replaced with a TrevorTime "correct 10" insert and sold from the dealer as new with the modified insert, to correct the factory's mistake.

The Noobfactory has progressed 3 versions beyond this in two years. The newest has thinner more correct hour markers, and a nicer insert triangle and pearl. It really is a pretty watch.

If I didn't have a The Zigmeister-fied eurotimez dssd, I would sell it on and get the newest iteration for myself.

Thanks for your science!

No, it hasnt been relumed, I got it like this directly from Perfect Clones/Josh.

Do you think it would be a good idea to get the newest version? Is it a real enhancement?

Thank you again!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your science!

No, it hasnt been relumed, I got it like this directly from Perfect Clones/Josh.

Do you think it would be a good idea to get the newest version? Is it a real enhancement?

If you can find a current Noobfactory bezel insert, and have it fitted, then you will have a watch as good as the current model.

Your dial markers look great, and it puzzles me why a noob case set has a TrevorTime insert and a really good looking dial. This should not exist.

The only reason a factory Cartel dssd should have a Trevor bezel insert is if it is an older v3. This is to fix the "bad 10" problem from 18 month ago.

BUT the v3 dial markers are terrible looking, and yours look very gen-like.

And your case set is definitely cartel (noobfactory) ... So a mystery.

Acquire a current cartel insert with dome pearl and you are good!

Edited by Jkay

• 2 months later...

If you can find a current Noobfactory bezel insert, and have it fitted, then you will have a watch as good as the current model.

Your dial markers look great, and it puzzles me why a noob case set has a TrevorTime insert and a really good looking dial. This should not exist.

The only reason a factory Cartel dssd should have a Trevor bezel insert is if it is an older v3. This is to fix the "bad 10" problem from 18 month ago.

BUT the v3 dial markers are terrible looking, and yours look very gen-like.

And your case set is definitely cartel (noobfactory) ... So a mystery.

Acquire a current cartel insert with dome pearl and you are good!

I have a $88 Replica Make (not being sold any more which is a pity.) best bracelet yet, but not being a Rolex man for long, the rest looks good to me, and I can't tell of any flaws, except for the ceramic bezel that has too thin markings. When you talk "insert" what is this, please? Also where can I buy a current cartel insert with dome pearl, please.

I don't think this was a V3. If it was the dial was also replaced..., as the V3 dial just sort of has a curved indent around the date window. This one is clearly bevelled (how well it's bevelled is left to opinion however).

EDIT: I've been trying to source a replacement recent V? insert but without luck. Think it's the old "no parts, must buy watch" line.

Edited by pr0digy30

yes exactly. This watch is a puzzle, as I mentioned.

It has a noobfactory style case, a trevortime bezel insert and the best dial I have ever seen.

This photo is of the best rep DSSD I have ever seen. All it needs is a slightly better pearl and a slightly more curved white triangle in the insert.

if this watch had a modern noob bezel insert it would be awesome indeed.

If you are sure you like the size and look of the DeepSea then send it to him with the extra insert and have him lume it and install the insert while it's there. You'll have one hell of a watch.

If he re-lumes the insert pearl to match, ask him to replicate the clear pearl dome as well when he's finished.

• 3 months later...

Hi mates,

I finally shot some pics of the new insert, it is supposed to come from Noob factory...

P1000520.jpg

P1000521.jpg

P1000522.jpg

P1000523.jpg

I am about to send these to The Zigmeister for relume, which one is the best? Do I keep the one on my watch, or have it replaced?

Thanks for your help!

If you take a look at a gen bezel insert in real life, the insert fonts are white-ash (slight hint of grey/silver) colour and very thick and bold as compared to the cartel offerings... I've probably bought 5 (maybe more!) different versions of th DSSD from V2 onwards and all cartel bezel inserts are incorrect as the fonts and the markers are not thick enough.

IMO...the first bezel insert looks like it has stronger markers and fonts (engraving is deeper), but the "4" in the 40 is slightly incorrect. I would personally keep the current one and do a paint mod on it.

Edited by ChiMan12

You're right, the first bezel has deeper engravings but fonts are bolder on the second.

I will ask The Zigmeister to relume the pearl too. The second bezel is totally clear, and has a fatter metal surround.

I really don't know which one is better :-(

Both of the inserts you are showing are TrevorTime inserts. Neither one is from the Noobfactory.

If you look at any Noobfactory DSSD, you will see that the top of the insert triangle is very curved. You were sent the wrong piece. Your triangle is perfectly straight.

Thanks for your science!

Thank you again!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

IMHO, I would say 'No'... Regardless of the changes made to more recent generations, if you don't wear your current DSSD much, I doubt that you would wear another one much either, regardless of variations in the generations :pardon: May not have been the answer you wanted to hear, but just my .2c :pardon:

Thank you for your point of view TJ!

Actually I don't wear it often as I have plenty of watches, both gen and rep, but I do like it! :-)

I am not aware of updates made to this watch by rep factories, but it seems mine is not so bad! :-)

No worries, just trying to save your wallet the 'upgrade price', which I suspect would still not be often worn, so very quickly become a buyer's remorse, as it would 'still be' a DSSD... It sounds like it is the model of watch which is not earning wrist time, rather than actually having something 'wrong' with it with regards the details/flaws ratio... I would suggest taking the money you'd allocated to spend on an upgraded DSSD, and treat yourself to a different watch with said cash instead :good::drinks:

[Edit to add]

It's a bit like I am often tempted by the fantasy Deep GMT, but, I know that I don't like how the case looks on my wrist anyway, as it is the same as the DSSD, and my beef with it is not the name on the dial or the function, but the 20mm bracelet, on a case which really needs a 22mm bracelet, such as the Tudor Heritage has :pardon: