When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help On Dial Upgrade For Sub 16610

seraphe

I'd probably try to get it changed at a neighborhood watch repair shop. Wonder if he'd kill the nice rep...

I would never bring a rep to a local repair shop, partly because of prices but also the fact that if he rejects it, I'd feel pretty stupid ever coming in again even with a gen.

Oh? Does it mean I should get another sub to replace this dial? There's no dealer out here who offers just the dial, huh?

A good Dial is hard to find...

sometimes you get lucky to find a spare Dial...

But mostly they are expensive...

Best way to get a damm good dial,buy TTK's Noobmariner...

Best Dial you can get at the moment,the watch is about 100 bucks and its a great one...

I've received a couple of dials from dealers, one of them, I was ordering another watch and he shipped the extra dial along with the watch at the same time. On the second, I had bought a watch earlier from that dealer and he sold me the other dial so that I could change dials.

Just remember:

1. It never hurts to ask

2. It helps if you purchased from them in the past and it's a good idea to mention that, like how much you're enjoying the watch.

And don't be disappointed if the dial doesn't work out. I've had date windows not line up, and other problems. Chalk it up to experience and be thankful they sent you the dial in the first place.

I must add... The bracelet on the 21j noobmariner is also worth using. It is, quite possibly, one of the best rep SEL bracelets out there...

Better than this one?

133753-18616.jpg

133753-18617.jpg

The SEL on this same rep are 3-pieces joined to 1 instead of the carved from single pieces. That's why I just love this rep... except for the dial.

Better than this one?

133852-18595.jpg

133852-18596.jpg

The SEL on this same rep are 3-pieces joined to 1 instead of the carved from single pieces. That's why I just love this rep... except for the dial.

Yup. Better than that one. Mine is also 3-pc. AND the correct size/shape. The two outer pieces of the SEL should be significantly shorter than the length of the lug...

133852-18597.jpg

Compared to genuine

133852-18598.jpg

Yup. Better than that one. Mine is also 3-pc. AND the correct size/shape. The two outer pieces of the SEL should be significantly shorter than the length of the lug...

Correct me if I'm wrong, however I think one minor problem with the rep is that the curvature profile of the SEL doesn't quite match the curvature of the lug. On the gen I believe the SEL and the lug are mostly flush right up to where the SEL stops short of the lug ends.

Correct me if I'm wrong, however I think one minor problem with the rep is that the curvature profile of the SEL doesn't quite match the curvature of the lug. On the gen I believe the SEL and the lug are mostly flush right up to where the SEL stops short of the lug ends.

Mine follow the curve of the lug, but because the springbars in mine are bent (I've been too lazy to replace them), they sink down. I can push them up flush...

133873-18588.jpg

3pc SEL

133873-18589.jpg