When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM199G, with a few upgrades

Mickey Padge

I just picked up this beauty, having searched for an ultimate PAM Sub for quite a while. It has a double AR coated crystal, the lume has been tweaked to appear aged and the crown is a T48, I'll have Sead's A-F CG on the way soon too :)

Here are a couple of pics, full size in the thumb links:

dsc04127p.th.jpgdsc04132c.th.jpg

dsc04127q.jpg

dsc04132e.jpg

Overall I love the watch, the double AR'ed ultimate crystal looks stunning and makes the watch for me, really makes the dial pop! B)

There is one thing I need to know, hopefully you guys will have some ideas :thumbsupsmileyanim: The lume looks great, however the 12, 6 and running seconds subdial ticks are untouched, and as a result, a slightly paler yellow, not quite matching the other modified markers (looks a bit more obvious in person). Does anyone know a simple way of slightly darkening/ageing them to match? :)

Any thoughts and observations would be most welcome! B)

• 2 weeks later...

OK here are a few more pictures with the Sead crown guard installed :)

dsc04226n.th.jpgdsc04227m.th.jpgdsc04228c.th.jpg

dsc04229ei.th.jpgdsc04230k.th.jpg

dsc04226b.jpg

A big improvement I think, the totally flat (top/bottom) ultimate crown guard was really bugging me, Sead's CG has a much better fit and finish, plus the curved topside B)

This watch is complete now, can't think of anything else it may need, aside from a gen OEM strap maybe ;)