When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Noobmariner Shot

By-Tor

You have a good eye Chief. I haven't polished it because I'm afraid I'd lose the satin finish. But I have some non-abrasive liquid polish that I'm going to try.

Thanks. :)

You have a good eye Chief. I haven't polished it because I'm afraid I'd lose the satin finish. But I have some non-abrasive liquid polish that I'm going to try.

Thanks. :)

A few light swipes with Cape Cod ought to do the trick... It won't go from matte to mirror all at once. And there's always 4/0 steel wool in case you overdo it. You might also want to pop that bezel off and do the top of the case also, but be careful. I had one of those TTK/TWG subs with an amazingly subborn bezel. I didn't care because the movement was broken and I'm just using it for internal parts, but in order to get that bezel off I ended up bending it. Yow!!

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately it doesn't come with this pearl. This was a gift from a friend. I don't know where to get these pearls.... I believe buying those aftermarket pearls/inserts is always a "crap shoot". I just got lucky.

Unfortunately it doesn't come with this pearl. This was a gift from a friend. I don't know where to get these pearls.... I believe buying those aftermarket pearls/inserts is always a "crap shoot". I just got lucky.

I got lucky too. My pearl fell out (possibly due to desk abuse caused by my getting used to a steel watch) and I got a $10 bezel insert from eBay.

I don't remember where I got it, so don't PM me with requests. :(

ps. Noobmariners rock!