When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC Master Tourbillon (QC Photos)

calatrava

I have a rep tourbillion of the same type as in this replica and it has been very reliable in my hands :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The only negative thing with this JLC replica is that it say REGULATEUR on the dial (hands are not as on a REGULATEUR as far as i know)

50pgwrist.JPG

The watch: This new master Tourbillon is named “Regulateur a Tourbillon”, meaning “Tourbillon regulator”. The choice of this name comes from the objective of having a reference in terms of precision. It is housed in a 41.5 mm case, with a classical Master series design. As explained by Mr Janek Deleskievicz who designed the watch, the design was focussed on the tourbillon, making it transparent so that it appeals to the eye. The tourbillon bridge was made convex to follow the form of the cage and to break the flatness of the watch. It also brings the seconds hand up. The dial is silvered and brushed, making it deep and understated. The overall look is demonstrative of the horological content, but in no way ostentatious in my opinion. It’s really an everyday watch, readable and appealing in the long term. Three versions are created for the launch. First of all, a very pleasing steel version that could allow some of us to jump the gap and make it our everyday watch.

I have a rep tourbillion of the same type as in this replica and it has been very reliable in my hands :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The only negative thing with this JLC replica is that it say REGULATEUR on the dial (hands are not as on a REGULATEUR as far as i know)

Yeah, but the same phrase "Regulateur a Tourbillon" shows up on the gen as well, and it isn't a regulator either (in that the hours, minutes, and seconds are not on separate subdials). I'm willing to give JLC the benefit of doubt...

In all it's simplicity, the Rep looks even better than the Gen in my opinion.

It's good to hear that Gran's experiences with his tourbi is good, but I will still wait a little before forking out that much money on a Rep.

but I will still wait a little before forking out that much money on a Rep.

My take on this that all collectors have to own a tourb at some time or another....cheap true working tourbs just do not exist...so one must pay this price (btw I got mine for a reasonable price)

BTW calatrava its true that it shows up on the gen as well I have linked to the picture of the gen so i like your idea of "give JLC the benefit of doubt" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

drgransaptourbillion1.jpg

My take on this that all collectors have to own a tourb at some time or another....cheap true working tourbs just do not exist...so one must pay this price (btw I got mine for a reasonable price)

Gran, thanks for sharing photos of your AP Tourbillon, it looks wonderful. It looks like your AP uses the same PTS (Hangzhou) tourbillon movement as the JLC I ordered. The AP deployant clasp is very classy, the guilloche dial is incredibly detailed, very nice indeed.

Anyhow, for those who like the look of the gen JLC Master Tourbillon, but find the real tourbillon to be too much money, there seems to be a "open heart" version, as least according to this entry at Watcheden.

JLC Master Tourbillon (faux, open heart)

20110411132420_26146.jpg

20110411132420_26142.jpg

My onlu concern would be the amount of noise on the display here the beat rate and daily rate look very good, but what i would expect to see would be one nice clean line across the screen

post-29905-0-90518400-1308365085.jpg

it may well be that the rotation of the torbilion causes the extra noise though.

The word regulateur can be used to describe a time piece with the hands all on separate pinions or a watch with a very precice movement so in this case it is as correct as this Gen

46steeltable.JPG

50pgwrist.JPG

The watch: This new master Tourbillon is named “Regulateur a Tourbillon”, meaning “Tourbillon regulator”. The choice of this name comes from the objective of having a reference in terms of precision. It is housed in a 41.5 mm case, with a classical Master series design. As explained by Mr Janek Deleskievicz who designed the watch, the design was focussed on the tourbillon, making it transparent so that it appeals to the eye. The tourbillon bridge was made convex to follow the form of the cage and to break the flatness of the watch. It also brings the seconds hand up. The dial is silvered and brushed, making it deep and understated. The overall look is demonstrative of the horological content, but in no way ostentatious in my opinion. It’s really an everyday watch, readable and appealing in the long term. Three versions are created for the launch. First of all, a very pleasing steel version that could allow some of us to jump the gap and make it our everyday watch.

Gran is this your actual watch (and if it is i am ordering one) and can you confirm if the date indicator hand jumps from 15 @5 mark to 16 @7??

Anyhow, for those who like the look of the gen JLC Master Tourbillon, but find the real tourbillon to be too much money, there seems to be a "open heart" version, as least according to this entry at Watcheden.

I would not buy an open heart rep.

There are not many tells you can spot from across a room without knowing the Gen, but this is one of them.

Edited by mbjoer

Beautiful Calatrava!

You got great taste! Please stop the teaser and show us more picture ;) (even a little video would be nice) :p

Best regards,

PS

Thanks for the kind words. More photos, I replaced the replica black leather strap with a dark brown Gucci genuine crocodile glossy strap.

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00636-1.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

Beautiful!! thanks for these new pictures and this yummi video! :wub:

What is the case diameter of it? don't seems to be too big.

I will have to add a tourbi to the collection, but still afraid that there is (I think) no possibilities in case of service or repair. I'm I correct?

Enjoy yours it's a nice beauty.

Best regards,

PS

It is about 42mm without the crown, but the curvature of the lugs help wrap the watch around one's wrist.

As for repair, that's still a big unknown. However, I imagine that many of the issues one might encounter do not actually require servicing the tourbillon complication itself, so if a watchsmith is willing to work on the watch, with the caveat that he leaves the tourbillon cage alone, I think most common issues could be resolved.

• 2 weeks later...