When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken-tudor Chrono..... Check Her Out...whatta Ya Think

Guest chronomat123

Guest chronomat123

Franken Tudor Chrono is officially in the works.

It starts as this:

133244-18700.jpg

and....with a genuine Tudor dial and Tudor movement, add a cyclops, new tube, case refinishing & lugholes drilled, and new non-SEL bracelet... she will look like this:

133244-18701.jpg

Ok so I bought a brand new geniune Tudor v.7750 movement with dial and crown.

I have a 7750 rep Daytona, so I am assuming that this movement will fit in the rep case, no problem-- right?

I'm gonna start next weekend, still planning everything out, as I really love my Daytona and am not sure I want to rip it apart:

If anyone has a swiss/asian 7750 replica Daytona that's broken, please let me know, because all I really need is a case and crystal. I'd happily buy this off of you.

Looks like I'm gonna need a gen crown tube. Gen caseback would be a plus, but it would be hard to find. Oh, and I'll need to have a date bubble glued on the my rep crystal for the date. Really hoping the hands from my rep will fit, too.

Oh, and I need to drill lug holes, as for some reason the solid endlink Tudor Chronos have lugholes.

:) :) :) This will be cool.

133244-18702.jpg

133244-18703.jpg

I will be watching too. Daytonas are SO overboard... and potential fakes in everyone's eyes. Tudor Prince Chronograph is about 500% more believeable, and looks just as nice.

Maybe somebody with a gen Tudor could measure the case thickness for chronomat123? It would be a shame not to get the best case for this project. :D

Good idea Mickey...@chronomat... if you're interested, I could probably do that as I have that gen Tudor Prince Chrono and a rep Daytona sec@6 with asian 7750. I could measure and post side-by-side. Let me know...

They are? :unsure:

Yes... for me they are. The list price is around $8K but I've heard they can be "flipped" for $10K. I could be wrong though.

PN models are $20K and up, right? Not a watch that an average guy... or even average guy who a makes decent salary would realistically buy. That's what I meant "overboard", nothing wrong with the Daytona though.

I try to stay away from the very expensive watches, like the PN, DRSD and Milgauss just for this reason. :)

PN's are closer to $80k ;) Over $100k for the 18k examples... Standard 6263's are the in $18k to $30k range (depending on condition, complete packages, etc).

But.... Perhaps one could inherit such a vintage piece! Much like I 'inherited' this one from my great 'uncle' DW!

133416-18668.jpg

;)

And, the 16520's were $6k retail when new... Certainly within the means of many at the time...

Thanks Randy. And indeed that DW is beautiful.

And sorry... yeah I erronously used the "PN" model as a general term of the vintage Daytonas. I meant vintages in general... based on my experiences they start from around $20K. Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLEX-Vintage-Original...1QQcmdZViewItem

If the gens weren't so expensive I'd get a rep. Actually... when (and if) they ever fix the reliability issue of the 6'o'clock Daytona or release an accurate "El Primero" version I'll definitely get one. Not for daily wear... but just for completing the collection.

Guest chronomat123

Hey guys--

I found a very detailed comparison of the Tudor chrono and the Daytona here on Timezone:

Tudor Chrono vs Rolex Daytona

Believe it or not, the case that the rep makers use for the 7750 Daytonas appears to be a replica of the Tudor chrono case. Sounds odd, I know, but the 7750 rep Daytona case has the exact thickness of a Tudor chrono, 14mm, and the bezel is slightly thicker than a Daytona, just like on a Tudor. Strange, huh? Looks like instead of replicating a Daytona case they replicated the Tudor case because it's made to house a 7750?

But thank you very much for your replies and courteous offers for help! I'm glad too see this has some people interested.

I'll keep everyone updated, as school is really coming down hard on me and I'm trying to stay afloat.

Sounds awesome...... But I think the version with the seconds at 9 would work a lot better for you. On the other hand, how do you plan on solving the caseback engraving problem and the bracelet problem? The bracelet has Tudor markings, and is different from the Daytona bracelet AFAIK. What about the cyclops? Are you going to butcher a ormal Rolex rep for the cyclops?

Just questions of curiousity, best of luck to you. :)

If the gens weren't so expensive I'd get a rep. Actually... when (and if) they ever fix the reliability issue of the 6'o'clock Daytona or release an accurate "El Primero" version I'll definitely get one. Not for daily wear... but just for completing the collection.

There are MBW El Primero kits available. You supply the movement.

There are MBW El Primero kits available. You supply the movement.
:black_eye:

MBW daytona ??? long time ago, MBW had daytonas, but no dealer, that I know, has MBW Daytonas lately.

But, we only can wait? If you have any info about El primero MBW daytona kits, please PM me. Thnx.

• 2 weeks later...