When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 106D Submersible

Mickey Padge

I had a beat up PAM199G, ultimate version, however it had a sweet date font and really nice crystal. Already owning a nice 199G, I knew something had to be done, so I ordered from DSN (thanks DSN!) a 106D dial/hands/case set, to see what I could build. I do love titanium watches! :)

After a couple of hours work, here are the results! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Pics, keep clicking to expand:

dsc04164f.th.jpgdsc04165j.th.jpgdsc04166u.th.jpgdsc04169g.th.jpgdsc04171n.th.jpg

dsc04169a.th.jpgdsc04175s.th.jpgdsc04176b.th.jpgdsc04177h.th.jpgdsc04178u.th.jpg

dsc04177j.jpg

I am really happy with the results, my build skills are improving, although there are some hairlines on the dial, around the second hand mainly :p

I really think DSN did a great job with the grey anthracite dial, it looks black, blue and grey all with a turn of the wrist or a change in lighting. I think the case set could be better, fat lugs and the crown position is way too low, but the crown itself is surprisingly nice. The case is titanium, with steel bezel and crown guard/crown, but the lever is ti. I have it mounted on a soft finish croc strap, double stitched B)

The lume is weak, but then I am not a big lume fanatic, plus I think for a T dial it looks about right.....

Please let me know your thoughts, comments and observations welcome! :drinks:

I've been contemplating a sub from DSN and really like the 170G or 106D, emailed him yesterday and he has them both ready to ship. Your photos might make me want to go with the 106D due to the titanium.

Edited by ATEspo