When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Cartier Santos XL 100, 5 days to my doorstep...

sconehead

This Santos 100 is the dogs [censored].I paid £222 GBP for it shipped regular airmail to the UK, by far the cheapest price I could find. It allegedly accepts gen parts too but I can't confirm this as of yet...

It arrived within 5 days all the way from Thailand! It uses a Sellita movement so it's guaranteed to be gen Swiss too...it's about 44mmm wide including the crown by 52mmm lug to lug, I have 7.5'' wrists and it fits me great...and it's oh so comfy too!

I was going to buy a Pam 288 but when I enquired with my favourite dealer he asked if I'd thought of one of these as in his opinion the build quality is second to none.

I'm glad I took his advice, it's awesome, you ALL need to get yourselves one of these babies...;)

DSCF2066.jpg

DSCF2067.jpg

DSCF2071.jpg

DSCF2069.jpg

I saw one for sale recently in "watches" The guy paid a fair bit more than £222 for it and most of the other dealers are similarly priced, who has it for this price shipped? I'm ready to order immediately.

Am I right in saying this is probably one of the closest to gen watches we've ever seen?

I saw one for sale recently in "watches" The guy paid a fair bit more than £222 for it and most of the other dealers are similarly priced, who has it for this price shipped? I'm ready to order immediately.

Am I right in saying this is probably one of the closest to gen watches we've ever seen?

Yes, it's supposedly nearly as good as the $1500-$1700 1:1 rep with gen movement...a member at another forum bought the super rep version but stated that if this was available at the time he wouldn't have bothered...This guy knows his Cartiers too...if you need to know the dealer, seeing as he's not on the 'trusted' list here (he is everywhere else just in case you're worried) you'll have to pm me for the info or look for my threads on the other boards...

Was it Tony or Mary? They do this watch in that price range, and the ultimate mid size for a little less :)

Nope, Mary's is $360, but it's an inferior version, you can distinguish it by the ridge-line on the caseback and various other 'tells', she can source this watch but her price was higher than I paid when I enquired...

As far as I'm aware Tony's version seems the same, not sure about his claim of 'Swiss 2824' though, for $369 plus his more expensive shipping...I paid $349 with gen Sellita...a bargain imo...

Firstly, I won't mention the dealers name here as I don't want to be thought of as a 'shill'...

Secondly, I don't want this thread crapped by your views on him either MP, please bear this in mind if you feel it neccessary to comment...

:)

Is it on the same par with the one from Rocket offered a while back? Can the expert comment on it?

Who is it from? Is it from PWC on repgeek? Edit: it looks like the same ultimate versions from the trusted dealers here, am I wrong? Does it come with box set?

Swiss 2824, that is what the Sellita SW200 is, a reproduction of the ETA2824 ;)

Tony's pricing includes registered shipping, plus he takes PayPal, WU or direct international bank transfers end up with a lot of fees :p

Most dealer can get this watch, just ask for the version you want, probably cheaper without the box set too, never seen the point of rep box sets :)

Yes, it's supposedly nearly as good as the $1500-$1700 1:1 rep with gen movement...a member at another forum bought the super rep version but stated that if this was available at the time he wouldn't have bothered...This guy knows his Cartiers too...if you need to know the dealer, seeing as he's not on the 'trusted' list here (he is everywhere else just in case you're worried) you'll have to pm me for the info or look for my threads on the other boards...

Nope, Mary's is $360, but it's an inferior version, you can distinguish it by the ridge-line on the caseback and various other 'tells', she can source this watch but her price was higher than I paid when I enquired...

As far as I'm aware Tony's version seems the same, not sure about his claim of 'Swiss 2824' though, for $369 plus his more expensive shipping...I paid $349 with gen Sellita...a bargain imo...

Firstly, I won't mention the dealers name here as I don't want to be thought of as a 'shill'...

Secondly, I don't want this thread crapped by your views on him either MP, please bear this in mind if you feel it neccessary to comment...

:)

OP--It's been a while since I researched these Cartiers. I started a thread here: detailing different reviews of the available versions. Care to elaborate on the "tells" between 'Mary's Ultimate' (Mary can source any version, so I'm not quite sure what you mean here) and your version? I didn't think there was more than 1 Ultimate version???

@MP--I too tend to agree with you on box sets. Have never seen the point in reps.

:pimp:

P.S. This has always been the watch I get the most compliments on. It will surely remain in my possession for as long as I own reps! One of the best!!!

Ahhhhhhh, you're soooooo predictable Mickey my boy, even when I didn't mention 'he who shall not be named' you just couldn't resist using that silly pulling tounges emoticon...why? Methinks you have some serious issues...

You mention price...this was the cheapest I could find it shipped to the UK at the time, as far as I'm aware it still is, it's really that simple.

You also felt the need to push THAT dealer yet again?

Come to think of it, you aren't trolling my posts are you?

Although this is getting tedious and spoiling my thread I feel the need to reply to some of your points though...

Firstly, thank's for enlightening me about the Sellita SW200...eggs and sucking springs to mind...

Secondly, no, you are wrong, this is actually copied and pasted from Tony's site, ' Nickel Plated, Cortes de Geneve Decorated Insignia Rotor , Swiss Eta 2824-2 Automatic Movement. 25J , 28800bph '...who knows, maybe he does have gen ETA available in this watch, however, experience tells me these are normally a special order...but a Sellita is a Sellita, an ETA an ETA, to say any different is untrue...

Thirdly, regular airmail is $15 according to his website...unless there's a special 'discount' code or something I don't know about?

Lastly, being in the UK I just walk into the bank, pay into the specified account, so no charges for me thank you, plus no chance of your details being stolen on the interweb...so, in my case at least, it's actually more secure and convenient than normal...result!

Hopefully this will give another perspective on your statements to any who read this thread...no doubt you'll feel the need to try and twist the facts above, it's your usual MO...remember this isn't me speaking up when you bash a certain dealer, it's just a thread showing rep lovers a quality watch they mightn't have considered before...

@Sorry for all that nonesense above MrB...you own an ultimate XL as well? Outstanding watch, isn't it...I was blown away by it's quality which is why I posted this across the boards. By the way, here's the link to the watch Mary had on offer, http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4576&hl, the tells are plain to see, the font used on the dial, the case back sits flush in some places, raised in others and the X-XI spacing...

I'll check out your link mate, I'm sure you far know more about this model than I ever will...

By the way, I don't see the point of buying a rep box set either... ;)

Edited by sconehead

Ahhhhhhh, you're soooooo predictable Mickey my boy, even when I didn't mention 'he who shall not be named' you just couldn't resist using that silly pulling tounges emoticon...why? Methinks you have some serious issues...

You mention price...this was the cheapest I could find it shipped to the UK at the time, as far as I'm aware it still is, it's really that simple.

You also felt the need to push THAT dealer yet again?

Come to think of it, you aren't trolling my posts are you?

Although this is getting tedious and spoiling my thread I feel the need to reply to some of your points though...

Firstly, thank's for enlightening me about the Sellita SW200...eggs and sucking springs to mind...

Secondly, no, you are wrong, this is actually copied and pasted from Tony's site, ' Nickel Plated, Cortes de Geneve Decorated Insignia Rotor , Swiss Eta 2824-2 Automatic Movement. 25J , 28800bph '...who knows, maybe he does have gen ETA available in this watch, however, experience tells me these are normally a special order...but a Sellita is a Sellita, an ETA an ETA, to say any different is untrue...

Thirdly, regular airmail is $15 according to his website...unless there's a special 'discount' code or something I don't know about?

Lastly, being in the UK I just walk into the bank, pay into the specified account, so no charges for me thank you, plus no chance of your details being stolen on the interweb...so, in my case at least, it's actually more secure and convenient than normal...result!

Hopefully this will give another perspective on your statements to any who read this thread...no doubt you'll feel the need to try and twist the facts above, it's your usual MO...remember this isn't me speaking up when you bash a certain dealer, it's just a thread showing rep lovers a quality watch they mightn't have considered before...

@Sorry for all that nonesense above MrB...you own an ultimate XL as well? Outstanding watch, isn't it...I was blown away by it's quality which is why I posted this across the boards. By the way, here's the link to the watch Mary had on offer, http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4576&hl, the tells are plain to see, the font used on the dial, the case back sits flush in some places, raised in others and the X-XI spacing...

I'll check out your link mate, I'm sure you far know more about this model than I ever will...

Wow, talk about going off on the deep end, way to overreact! You just thread crapped your own thread :bangin:

No worries sconehead. BTW, the link you posted is the old version of the Cartier Santos 100 (not the Ultimate). In fact, I doubt Mary even carries that version anymore unless she has old stock. You're absolutely right though...the new version is 10 leagues better than the old.

:pimp: