When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fleabay scam?

seafoam

Well it's supposed to have a 2824-2 in it, but I can't tell if that's what it has. It doesn't look too bad to me though. I'm trying to find some comparison pics on the net but I haven't found much in the way of movement shots.

Check out this page. If you scroll down they do have some great pics of the Tudor 2824 and it does look similar to the one in that auction

Hmm. Does look similar. The ebay one is so clean. Cant see any ETA decoration either. Again, I'm no expert just curious about this.

Tudor did to eta movements what Rolex did to Valjoux movements- took the best quality movement and improved upon it. And of course, even today ETA has four grades of quality in their watch movements. The ones we see are probably the standard grade.

I'm no expert but the movement in this Tudor looks like Seagull. Other opinions? Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260801439582

My opinion is not based on the appearance of the movement, but this rationale:

That model is not commercially replicated...

That leaves two options:

1) Either someone has built a damned good franken and is selling it as gen (shame on them for doing so :thumbdown: )

2) It is 100% kosher and as shown.

I know which option I think it is ;):victory:

Agreed. I think i jumped to conclusions about this. I have a Seagull movement (that runs like a champ by the way) that looks identical to this Tudor's movement. At any rate, looks like this is my ignorance and I've (once again) learned something from this forum. Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm no expert but the movement in this Tudor looks like Seagull. Other opinions? Here is the link:

While it's true that pearlage on an "ETA" movement in a replica watch normally means that it's a Seagull clone, there are two flags which tell me otherwise:

1 - Gold-filled engraving on the winder plate; no way Seagull does this.

2 - The reversing wheels are not mostly hidden beneath the winding plate; a common tell IF it were a Seagull.

So I am going to give this one a :thumbsupsmileyanim:

While it's true that pearlage on an "ETA" movement in a replica watch normally means that it's a Seagull clone, there are two flags which tell me otherwise:

1 - Gold-filled engraving on the winder plate; no way Seagull does this.

2 - The reversing wheels are not mostly hidden beneath the winding plate; a common tell IF it were a Seagull.

So I am going to give this one a :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good eye Jkay. I see the details of this now on the Tudor and the lack there of on my Seagull.